epillator for leg hair removal

Team Banana Spokesman
edited September 2010 in Road buying advice
is there a good one for leg hair removal that's cheap?

Comments

• it hurts.

I got mine for about £10 from superdrug a few months ago.
  • Heh!

I do not shave my legs. However, Mrs UPGRAYEDD purchased one of these things a couple of years' ago. She used it once, wincing throughout with tears in her eyes (AND she has a high pain threshhold).

The aftermath was unpleasant - think puce-coloured plucked chicken - and it took a fair while for the skin to return to normality.

Suffice to say, said epillator has remained in the same cupboard it was put in after its first and only outing...

All yours for £50 - can't say fairer than that.

(n.b. Mrs UPGRAYEDD, tissues and bite stick to control pain-induced sobbing not included)
    "A gentleman who goes by the name Upgrayedd. Which he spells thusly, with two D's, as he says, "for a double dose of this pimping."
  • zoid
    zoid Posts: 100
    I've been using my girlfriends one, it's a Braun Silk Epil SoftPerfection, had my legs waxed at the beginning of the summer and have been using this ever since to remove the hairs as they grow back. I don't find it painful at all and there's one on amazon used for a tenner... http://www.amazon.co.uk/Braun-2170-SILK-EPIL-Eversoft-Shaver/dp/B00006592X/ref=sr_1_37?ie=UTF8&s=miscellaneous&qid=1283356611&sr=8-37
  • Errr...
  • I use a BFG 9000 to remove leg hair.
    Say... That's a nice bike..
    Trax T700 with Lew Racing Pro VT-1 ;-)
  • it hurts.

i know.
    :shock:

never ever ever ever use it on the face. ever.
    :!:

i tried a cheap one but the more expensive ones with more tweezers are less painful and you get used to it after a while. if you keep it moving around your legs fast its not that bad.

cycling is all about pain tollerance. but these torture devices are crazy.

i got a 29.99 remington thing from argos. good value.