Tour of Tweeddale - Peebles - This Sunday

thecrofter
thecrofter Posts: 734
Just thought I would give this event a mention. I'm only doing the 50 mile version (time pressures) but I was down there last weekend checking out the route. If anyone is in two minds about doing this sportive, then get on yer bike and get down there. The route is fantastic, the section up past Talla and St. Mary's loch could be way up in the Highlands, absolutely stunning scenery. I'm really looking forward to it. And judging by the comments from last year it's well organised, with great food stops, and only a tenner to enter.

See you there.
You've no won the Big Cup since 1902!

Comments

• Brian B
    Brian B Posts: 2,071
    I fancied this sportive but it clashed with cumberland challenge. I agree about the scenery though its fantastic. Hope who enter have a good day out.
    Brian B.
  • I'm doing the 70 mile route tomorrow,sounds like it should be a good one.
  • dmch2
    dmch2 Posts: 731
    Have you got a link? Sounds like i need to put it on the calendar for 2011 so my wife doesn't book up the weekend (in laws here at the moment)
    2010 Trek 1.5 Road - swissstop green, conti GP4000S
    2004 Marin Muirwoods Hybrid
  • dmch2
    dmch2 Posts: 731
    Ta thanks.

Will it be a similar time next year do you know? Doesn't seem to be in next years calendar yet.
    2010 Trek 1.5 Road - swissstop green, conti GP4000S
    2004 Marin Muirwoods Hybrid
  • I done the 70 mile route and enjoyed this sportive,a tenner well spent. Good feed stops,scenery and a couple of challenging climbs,the first climb was 20% in some places. Ended up doing the route with a local rider which was quite helpful as the signage wasn't quite as clear as some sportive routes I've done.Had a very strong headwind for most of the day and some people were keener than others when it came to having a turn on the front.All in all,a great day,challenging route,met some friendly locals and for only a tenner,well worth doing.
  • Steve_F
    Steve_F Posts: 682
    What a great event, fantastic stops and a brilliant loop, Wall of Talla and constant head wind excluded ;-)

Did anyone record the ascent/decent on the 70 loop?

I suspect this 70 will climb more than the Pedal for Scotland 100 (4000ft) next weekend but can't find anything to back that up......
    Current steed is a '07 Carrera Banshee X
    + cheap road/commuting bike
  • Another thumbs up for this event. Brilliant organisation, great food stops and great atmosphere all for a tenner. All other sportive organisers should take note!
    both wheels on the ground at all times!!
  • And the results are out........

6th out of the 62 who did the 50 miler, chuffed to bits with that. If only I hadn't stopped for that pie at Tweedsmuir :roll:

Not that it's a race, of course.
    You've no won the Big Cup since 1902!