The earliest good morning thread in the world**

projectsome
projectsome Posts: 4,478
edited September 2010 in The Crudcatcher
**this may be a slight/huge exaggaration.

After browsing the interwebs, looking at various products I decided to purchase a small item weighing 10g (allegedly)

Now off to sleep, will probably have a mini lie in :D the joys of a 10am start and having a train station on your door step :D

will most likely have a load of paperwork in the morning, then prob spend the afternoon surfing web
FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!

Comments

• Twonk
    Twonk Posts: 17
    About to take my dogs out for a walk, followed by breakfast, then it's bike time

Looking like another great sunny day!
  • passing my theory for my driving test this afternoon then me and a mate are going riding
    I assume this is French petrol - be careful in reverse - the car will retreat rapidly at the least provocation.
  • MissBint37
    MissBint37 Posts: 1,503
    Back at work after leave blah....managed to get an extra day off yesterday though. Now 3 days til the weekend...although I will probably have to work half of it!!! Come October I think I will be back to a 7 day working week for a while :( FAIL :cry:
    Ride it like you stole it!
  • My first day of being officially unemployed in over 10 years! w00t!
    Although I am back at work today with my "previous employer" in a consulting role until the 17th of this month.
    So today is just another day at work for me, but I am not riding at Cannock after work today as I have matters to attend to.
  • I'm hungover!

Yesterday my work had an 'efficiency day' so I was very efficient and spent all afternoon and evening in a pub garden. It was beautiful weather. Old Rosie cider is a bugger though!

Today I have my Job Evaluation, where they figure out how much money i should be earning. It better go up a considerable amount!

Euuurrrrggghhh my stomach doesn't like me :(
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 2,086
    According to the Official Rules, early good morning topics don't count on the "he's-up-earlyometer" unless you have been to sleep first.

There are no exceptions for night workers or insomniacs.
  • Tartanyak
    Tartanyak Posts: 1,538
    'job evaluation' - isn't it more likely to be an excuse to find out how little they could pay you, if they insisted you don't do parts of your job you actually do?

I worked most of the bank holiday, which wasn't... Actually, it wasn't bad. I was gonna put it wasn't good, but I had no plans anyway!

Was quite pleased that after rebuilding the car's engine, it works fiiiiiine. Go me.
  • Kitty
    Kitty Posts: 2,844
    Alex is right, threadfail. Today will be spent doing uni work then going to work and shouting at kids no doubt.
  • Kitty wrote:
    Alex is right, threadfail. Today will be spent doing uni work then going to work and shouting at kids no doubt.
    Alex wrote:
    According to the Official Rules, early good morning topics don't count on the "he's-up-earlyometer" unless you have been to sleep first.

There are no exceptions for night workers or insomniacs.

I fell asleep at 12 and woke up again, so :lol:
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • Tartanyak wrote:
    'job evaluation' - isn't it more likely to be an excuse to find out how little they could pay you, if they insisted you don't do parts of your job you actually do?
    That's how they look at it, but I've just been given a new job role, so I'm now a boss, have a budget, will be doing projects etc. So it HAS to go up, but the powers that be, will do everything they can to make sure it doesn't go up too much.
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • Tartanyak
    Tartanyak Posts: 1,538
    Hmmm. Them's good reasons. If there's equivalent to you already there, they can either bring them down or put you up! Or, not tell anyone and keep it a secret, leaving you where you are...

Waiting for computer to do stuff. So bored, I just cut my nails.
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    Tartanyak wrote:
    I just cut my nails.
    Emo!

Kickingmule: Probably not the best day to be going to work with a hangover.....:wink:
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • Kitty
    Doh, car insurance have took their monthly payment out, I'm even more skint.

How much spending money do I need to take with me for a 9 day trip to Florida? Everything else is paid for, including food. £200? Or £300?
  • MissBint37
    Hahah my boss is at work and battered on Tramadol...now, to locate the packet and steal some for me.....
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    Kitty wrote:

How much spending money do I need to take with me for a 9 day trip to Florida? Everything else is paid for, including food. £200? Or £300?

Depends what you're going to be doing really....
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • Kitty
    Taking kids round all the theme parks and attractions, got nights to ourselves though.
  • whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,702
    Morning arseholes. Might go somewhere on my mountain bike today. Maybe.
  • MissBint37
    Kitty wrote:
    Taking kids round all the theme parks and attractions, got nights to ourselves though.

Blue Martini at the Mall at Milennia is quite cool, oh and a pre drinky meal at The Cheesecake Factory.

Kobe is also pretty good tepenyaki, but it's not cheap by American Standards!
    And take a visit to Howl at the moon its a stand up/music bar. Only annoying thing is you have to tip the bathroom attendant everytime you go for a pee! And you know what it's like when you have a drink and open the gates :lol: I sometimes used to give then $5 the first time I went and tell them not to ask again haha.

Have a good time :)
  • Tartanyak wrote:
    Hmmm. Them's good reasons. If there's equivalent to you already there, they can either bring them down or put you up! Or, not tell anyone and keep it a secret, leaving you where you are...
    Nope, I have a unique position, and it's all changed so much recently that I'm basically starting a new job!
    bails87 wrote:
    Kickingmule: Probably not the best day to be going to work with a hangover.....
    Definitely! Though thankfully it's subsiding now :twisted:
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • BlackSpur
    BlackSpur Posts: 4,228
    Kitty wrote:

Depends on whether you plan to do any shopping at all, even with the poor exchange rate a lot of stuff is still a fair bit cheaper over there, especially the american clothes brands.
    "Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling." ~James E. Starrs