What Bike?

dduffs
dduffs Posts: 107
edited August 2010 in MTB buying advice
Can anybody advise?
I am looking to get a new (or second hand) mtb. I have around £1500, mayabe £200 more for the right bike. I'd like a xc full suss and I'm tempted to get a Kona Hei Hei (2009 model), which I can pick up for around £1500 new. I ride pretty flat tracks most weekends around the cotswolds, but go to Afan and Cwm Carn about 4-6 times a year, so would like a good all rounder. I had a Hei Hei last year, but had it stolen from my garage.......I really got on well with it.
Anybody got any ideas of what I should look at??? Cheers
Riding: Orange Stage 4

Comments

• Pudseyp
    Pudseyp Posts: 3,514
    You have loads of choice with £1,700...a Trek EX8, Mondraker Foxy R, Marin Mount Vision, Giant Anthem/Trance etc etc...

Though for the use you point out a short travel would be best and to be honest you will not beat the spec on this http://www.paulscycles.co.uk/products.p ... 1b2s1p1501

Fox front and rear, carbon cranks, XO/XT, fantastic wheels and brakes and driping witrh carbon goodies...it's a steal ! at £1,500
    Tomac Synper 140 Giant XTC Alliance 1
    If the world was flat, I wouldn't be riding !
  • dduffs
    dduffs Posts: 107
    Cheers - Been looking at the Trek, any thoughts on a Lapierre, theres some deals on the 2010 Zesty 314?
    Riding: Orange Stage 4
  • Pudseyp
    Pudseyp Posts: 3,514
    Nice bikes but they have had quite a lot of issues with frames cracking and snapping on the 2009 and 2010 bikes...though they do look great I would stay away...the Trek and Mondraker can be had for around £1,700...the Foxy R is a fantastic looking bike..I demo'd one a week back it was supurb..
    Tomac Synper 140 Giant XTC Alliance 1
    If the world was flat, I wouldn't be riding !