Selling up?

GT Destroyer
GT Destroyer Posts: 1,719
edited September 2010 in The Crudcatcher
Well as you can tell due to my complete lack of anything and everything to do with bikes I am thinking of selling up.

I bought a car after getting my half of a house settlement, and since then I have not even thought twice about the bike.

I am skint, beyond belief, but am enjoying the beast of a car I bought so much, so don't regret getting it.

So the bike is just sat there, and I am thinking of selling up?

Should I, shouldn't I? Whats the demand for second hand bikes like at the moment?

Hello to the regulars, Sonic, Teeth, Nick etc etc........

Comments

• I assume it's the crush you're talking about.

Do you really need the £400-500 you'd get from selling it or can you make do without it?

Also, do you see yourself using the bike at all in the next couple of years? If not, you may as well get rid now. After all, it's only going to lose value as it gets older.
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Eyup lad!

Keep it ;-)
  • GT Destroyer
    I dunno you know.

Trying to think of ways to boost the old bank balance. Thing is is that I can't drive to the places I used to ride with the bike on the car/in the car. So it hardly gets used, at all.

I know, keeping it is a good idea but it really is just sat there.

Dilemma or what.

I'll probably put it in the for sale bit and see how much interest it gets. There been many threads about bigger blokes wanting a bike? I seem to remember loads of them when I was active on here last.

If it does go - I will get back into biking in the future, but it just seems unpractical for me at the mo, can't drive to places with the bike, and also in a flat now so no garage/tools or anywhere to fix it/clean it etc etc..
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    who the F*** are you?

what is the car?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • projectsome
    projectsome Posts: 4,478
    Might be an idea but maybe rent it out to a friend. maybe you've got a few friends that want to get in to the sport but can't afford to buy a bike...
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • GT Destroyer
    ha!!! Still up front and personal eh Nick!!!

Car is .........................drumroll..............

Subaru Impreza P1 - I am unbelievably proud of it. Been to loads of shows this summer with it. Took it to Santa Pod for the dragstrip, been round Rockingham circuit and tracked it too. Got involved with a great forum and met some good people. The car is so rare and its a pleasure to own it.
  • nicklouse
    ha!!! Still up front and personal eh Nick!!!

Car is .........................drumroll..............

Subaru Impreza P1 - I am unbelievably proud of it. Been to loads of shows this summer with it. Took it to Santa Pod for the dragstrip, been round Rockingham circuit and tracked it too. Got involved with a great forum and met some good people. The car is so rare and its a pleasure to own it.

POIDH :wink:
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
  • GT Destroyer
    There will be shed loads of pics when I get home. Even a vid if you're lucky ;-)

I will also list the Crush in for sale section and see whats what.
  • projectsome
    projectsome Posts: 4,478
    :D Sell the P1, IIRC they only made a certain amount and you'd fetch quite a few bob, then buy a smart car! pay less on road tax etc
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • GT Destroyer
    Yeah but the fact that its so rare and only approx 1K were made makes it a great car to own though ;-)
  • I've been in a P1.... sh!t off a shovel is an understatement.

Should get a few bob if you split the bike.... Orange frames do well over on STW lol.
  • GT Destroyer
    its mildly modified as well, so a tad quicker than standard performance.

Bike will be going as a whole, I can't be arsed to split it.

I'd have thought it would be popular, Ritchey, Mavic, Hope, Pikes etc etc......
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    Are those tinted windows legal? :wink:
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • GT Destroyer
    didn't get round to putting the bike on here for sale either, drink took over lol!
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Chavtastic! :D
  • GT Destroyer
    bails87 wrote:
    Are those tinted windows legal? :wink:

they do look dark in the last pic don't they! Prob cos it was so clean!!!!
  • GT Destroyer

settle down mcgee, if it was a type R it would be chavtastic..........!
  • bails87
    Yeah, you added a couple more while I wrote that, and you can see in some of those that you can see through them, they looked completely 'blacked out' in a some though.

It always worries me, driving past people with clearly illegal tints when they're waiting to pull out, because you can never tell if they've seen you.

Anyway, I don't know much about cars, that one's not really my thing. But keep the bike! :D

Unless you're really not going to use it of course.
    MTB/CX

• bails87

Well, I'm glad someone said it before me :P
    MTB/CX

• M1llh0use
    M1llh0use Posts: 863
    thought you said they were rare? there's 4 of em in that picture!!

:wink:
    {insert smartarse comment here}
  • Kiblams
    Kiblams Posts: 2,423
    There's a car like that by where I work, you can hear him come and go through triple glazed windows, and I'm afraid that whenever I see a car like that I can't help but think:

door.jpg

Sorry GT D :wink:
  • *AL*
    *AL* Posts: 1,185
    M1llh0use wrote:
    thought you said they were rare? there's 4 of em in that picture!!

Genuine, low mileage, unmolested examples are rare, and quite desirable.

That's obviously a very clean car, I however prefer them just as Prodrive intended.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I'd love a p-obvious but I'm too poor, ny subaru hasn't even got a Turbo on it!

I'd sell the bike if you're not using or intending to use it. Just apreciate you won't get what you think its worth on here as people are pikey!

Oh and nice to see you GT
  • RichEP3
    RichEP3 Posts: 20

settle down mcgee, if it was a type R it would be chavtastic..........!

OEM R's arn't exactly chavtastic, I see more older people driving EP3's/FN2's.

Scooby's are litterally ten to the dozen around here, all driven by the same type of scrotes.

Everyone to themselves though.
  • nicklouse
    GT. nice.

I, many years ago, used to sell Scoobies.
  • thanks for the comments, I think?