mtb tv

speedy21
speedy21 Posts: 153
edited August 2010 in MTB general
is there any mtbing on tv these days i cant see anything on eurosport or anywhere but maybe the name just doesnt sound like a mtb programme or something

Comments

• welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    the world cup just finished on eurosport, gee atherton won everything :lol: peaty was slamming it, 3 secs up on gee but then had a bad crash!
  • Man I wanna see some food MTB on t.v.

With how popular the sport is here in Austria, i'm surprised I never see anything on about it.
  • chedabob
    chedabob Posts: 1,133
    welshkev wrote:
    the world cup just finished on eurosport, gee atherton won everything :lol: peaty was slamming it, 3 secs up on gee but then had a bad crash!

Steve must actually be made of steel. The crash ripped the whole front brake lever off, but he just dusted himself off and carried on riding. My face went from :D when I saw his split time to :| in half a second when he hit the deck.
  • Happy Harry
    Happy Harry Posts: 345
    edited August 2010
    speedy21 wrote:
    maybe the name just doesnt sound like a mtb programme or something
    Mountain Biking World Cup :wink:

Fairly good clue!
    Canyon XC 8.0 '11
    Whyte 19 steel '10
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Well, Steve is made of sheffield steel. It's not a nickname, it a description!

Good to see him back up to speed for a change though, even if he did crash.
  • benpinnick
    benpinnick Posts: 4,148
    TV? Thats so old hat. Try www.freecaster.tv - all the MTB world cups etc. live on your PC.
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • Anonymous
    Would have preferred the Eurosport one last night, in all honesty, the freecaster one was stuttering quite badly on occasion.
  • benpinnick
    benpinnick Posts: 4,148
    Must be the wet string they call the internet in Wales...
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • alitodd
    alitodd Posts: 104
    In a way, I'm gutted Peaty didn't make the cut. Last year he was relaxed and just went for it. He's had so much more marketing etc with Royal and being World Champ, he hasn't had as much time to train. That and he's getting on (comparatively), and doesn't want to mess himself up with children and a wife to look after...
    Glad he's okay. But I'm chuffed for Gee... An Atherton winning men's and womens' DH... good effort.

Peaty for the win at Champs though. :D
    I know not where I am going, my future will decide. But it's not the destination, it's the glory of the ride.

Giant Reign X1 2009 (With shiny bits)
  • Would have preferred the Eurosport one last night, in all honesty, the freecaster one was stuttering quite badly on occasion.

Warner wasn't reeling off the puns quite as much as usual either :(

Who does the commentry on Eurosport? Is it any good? The Freecaster commentry is brilliant for content but they have 'technical problems' every time. Kind of funny when you know that you're hearing them through the wrong mic and it sounds like a karaoke machine in a shed
  • phz
    phz Posts: 478
    not sure who does the eurosport commentary but its not quite as 'exciting' as rob and guests on freecaster - the two guys on eurosport at windham seemed pretty knowledgeable about both riders and kit though

EDIT - just checked and the main commentator is a guy called wayne boyce who seems to commentate on everything but at windham he had si paton from the BDS with him which explains the rider / kit knowledge i guess

slainte :D rob
  • welshkev
    did anyone see CG giving it the one handed drop off pointing at the photographers, i'd love to see that pic. he's awsome, who else would do that on their race run? :lol:
  • Anonymous
    Well, hadn't CG already messed up his race run at that point?
  • welshkev
    on eurosport they didn't have that many cameras so the first you saw was that drop off and then down around the berm into the rock garden so maybe i missed it if he did.

but the commentators said, kids if you're watching, that's the way to keep sponsors happy :lol:
  • Anonymous
    Eurosport had exactly the same camera feeds as Freecaster.
    On freecaster, when they don't have enough cams to cover the top section, what they do is use a clip from practice or qualifying for that section, and then switch to the live cameras when they reach the area that's covered.

It's a shame they don't have the resources and manpower to cover it all, but I'm glad they do such a good job with their limitations.