Great idea for safety

dsallanson
dsallanson Posts: 9
edited August 2010 in MTB general
"If you'd like to advertise on the site, contact Steve Hulbert: steve.hulbert@futurenet.com

More info here: http://www.bikeradar.com/static/about/ "

Comments

• sandy hill
    sandy hill Posts: 390
    Spam alert! :lol:

No seriously. This is a great solution for a problem that doesn't exist.
    This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
  • Sorry no its not - I came across it for my cycling trip to Italy as the main thning that interst me was the change of language. and also for when I go hiking.
  • Or put an ICE (In Case of Emergency) contact on your mobile. I expect most of us do that. But perhaps they don't use it in Europe.

I'd have thought that IDing the victim wasn't a big priority - except in the US when they need to check your creditworthiness before starting treatment :roll:
    Canyon XC 8.0 '11
    Whyte 19 steel '10
  • chedabob
    chedabob Posts: 1,133
    It'd be easier just to carry a card with any critical medical details and a contact number with an international dialing code on it.
  • biff55
    biff55 Posts: 1,404
    Or put an ICE (In Case of Emergency) contact on your mobile. I expect most of us do that.

unless your phone gets lost or damaged in the accident that injures you.
    or your phone is locked etc , etc.
    think its quite a good idea for those that like to explore solo , whether on bike or foot.
  • I got my computer and typed into Word the following:

Name, DoB, Address, NHS Number, Passport Number, NI Number and 4 contact details (name and number). I then sized these into a double sided 'credit card', cut out and laminated.

I repeated this 4 times. One for my wallet, one for the saddle bag, one for the short ride pack and one for the day pack.

With an ICE in my mobile I think I'm pretty covered.

An all for a few pennies.
  • sniper68
    sniper68 Posts: 2,910
    RoadID Have been doing something similar for a while and at $24 inc shipping cheaper :wink:
  • bamba
    bamba Posts: 856
    The idea of puting all your personal information in your phone is well an good until it gets in to the wrong hands, should you happen to loose it, then you would be in the sh1t
  • biff55
    I have one of these..

http://www.sostalisman.co.uk/

lolz , used to see them in the argos catalogue years ago
    does the paper come out a gooey mess when they get soaked ?
    :lol:
  • biff55 wrote:
    I have one of these..

http://www.sostalisman.co.uk/

lolz , used to see them in the argos catalogue years ago
    does the paper come out a gooey mess when they get soaked ?
    :lol:

nuh, the paper doesnt get wet/soggy... tis an odd plasticy paper :?
  • bamba wrote:
    The idea of puting all your personal information in your phone is well an good until it gets in to the wrong hands, should you happen to loose it, then you would be in the sh1t
    No. Just the number of a person you want contacted against the name ICE. UK emergency services look for this.
    Canyon XC 8.0 '11
    Whyte 19 steel '10
  • biff55
    you can set your phone to auto send sos message to designated contact number.
    can do on my samsung anyway.
  • biff55 wrote:
    How does it know when you need help???
    Canyon XC 8.0 '11
    Whyte 19 steel '10
  • biff55
    voodoo magic. :wink:

press a particular button 3 times to activate , even if phones off if i recall correctly.
    mines set to domino's.
    :D
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    biff55 wrote:
    How does it know when you need help???

Smartphone?
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Buckled_Rims
    Buckled_Rims Posts: 1,648
    I got my computer and typed into Word the following:

Name, DoB, Address, NHS Number, Passport Number, NI Number and 4 contact details (name and number). I then sized these into a double sided 'credit card', cut out and laminated.

I repeated this 4 times. One for my wallet, one for the saddle bag, one for the short ride pack and one for the day pack.

Lose that info and any accident will be minor compared to the damage an identity thief will do. Don't be surprised to find you'll get a nice £50,000 loan taken out in your name.

1 telephone number and 1 name is all that's needed. No addresses, no passport details (unless abroad), certainly no NI number (I had to get security clearance to work with NI numbers!)...etc.
    CAAD9
    Kona Jake the Snake
    Merlin Malt 4
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    edited August 2010
    <URL deleted for a site that tells us that UTAG are sold by one D Allanson>

Scroll down to UTAG and see who sells them...
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    When I took my travel insurance out to go to Morzine, I was given a dogtag with details and an emergency contact number that goes round your neck. Idea being that if you;re knocked unconscious, whoever finds you can call the number on the tag, and have access to all teh details I'd provided the insurance company.
    Good stuff.
  • sandy hill
    sandy hill Posts: 390
    sandy hill wrote:

I know it is vain to quote oneself, however....

David Allanson

Active Sports Resources Ltd
    Eagle Farm
    Everton Road
    Potton
    Bedfordshire
    SG19 2PD

Tel: 01767 262277

Spam alert confirmed? You decide. :D
    This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
  • Anonymous
    Nicely spotted
    Reported.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    sandy hill wrote:
    sandy hill wrote:

I know it is vain to quote oneself, however....

David Allanson

Active Sports Resources Ltd
    Eagle Farm
    Everton Road
    Potton
    Bedfordshire
    SG19 2PD

Tel: 01767 262277

Spam alert confirmed? You decide. :D

ahhh from a MC page.

yes self promotion of trade is spam.,
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Fair enough if you think you've created a useful product and go about selling it honestly, but pretending that you've bought a product, that you actually sell from your own shop, is a whole different ball game.

Who's got the ban stick?
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    butcher of bakersfield
    been done.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Anonymous
    I thought Sonic broke the banstick over somebody's head.
    Banstick_Hyah.jpg
  • I got my computer and typed into Word the following:

Lose that info and any accident will be minor compared to the damage an identity thief will do. Don't be surprised to find you'll get a nice £50,000 loan taken out in your name.

1 telephone number and 1 name is all that's needed. No addresses, no passport details (unless abroad), certainly no NI number (I had to get security clearance to work with NI numbers!)...etc.

Good job I have identity theft protection as well.