Ride Tomorrow?

2»

Comments

• bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    MatHammond wrote:
    Good ride fellas! Pity I had to cut it short, seemed like we were just getting to the nice bit. Managed to hammer it back home for 11.39, average speed 19.4mph greatly helped by a stretch along the A21 where I was holding a steady 30-32mph for 3 miles or so. I can suddenly see how these time triallists post such impresive times!

Very good! Yeah I think K and I floated around the 25mph+ level for a while on the burn back into London, but there were a few hills. Generally it was a hilly old route after you left us, we just seemed to go up and up!

It was rolling for the first bit so must have been pretty hilly later on. We'll have to do it again some time, definitely good to be able to take turns sheltering from that wind. Hope your chain / chainrings are OK - my "on the fly" mechanic skills tend to involve more brawn than brain (once straightened a chain ring with a nearby rock after I had bent it near 45 degrees putting the power down uphill with very poor gear selection!)
  • ketsbaia
    ketsbaia Posts: 1,718
    Crikey. With all that happened, I'd clean forgotten about that wind, which seemed to be full in the face at every turn.
  • Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    MatHammond wrote:
    MatHammond wrote:
    Good ride fellas! Pity I had to cut it short, seemed like we were just getting to the nice bit. Managed to hammer it back home for 11.39, average speed 19.4mph greatly helped by a stretch along the A21 where I was holding a steady 30-32mph for 3 miles or so. I can suddenly see how these time triallists post such impresive times!

Very good! Yeah I think K and I floated around the 25mph+ level for a while on the burn back into London, but there were a few hills. Generally it was a hilly old route after you left us, we just seemed to go up and up!

It was rolling for the first bit so must have been pretty hilly later on. We'll have to do it again some time, definitely good to be able to take turns sheltering from that wind. Hope your chain / chainrings are OK - my "on the fly" mechanic skills tend to involve more brawn than brain (once straightened a chain ring with a nearby rock after I had bent it near 45 degrees putting the power down uphill with very poor gear selection!)

Yeah, I just need to adjust the front mech so that it doesn't flip off the top and need to get round to putting new tyres on, those ones really need to be retired from service
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.