I LOVE Drum and Bass...

Duffer
Duffer Posts: 379
edited August 2010 in The Crudcatcher
...Real drum and bass, i mean. Like these chaps

They played this live when i saw them in Shefield earlier this year. It doesn't really come across in this clip, but it was seriously heavy. I've never heard so much distortion.

Comments

• Andy
    Andy Posts: 8,207
    I don't like Muse.
  • A mate of mine is utterly amazing on bass, and plays with an equally amazing drummer on the side. Not so much heavy stuff, but it's impressive to watch. Such an under-rated instrument.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I'm supposed to be going to see Muse live in a few weeks. Should be good.

As for that clip, you know, personally, i prefer my bass guitars less distorted, with more bass.
  • Andy
    Andy Posts: 8,207
    A mate of mine is utterly amazing on bass... Such an under-rated instrument.

The best two string instrument in the world in my opinion.
  • Andy wrote:
    I don't like Muse.

+1

never really got into them or understood the hype around them when they appeared on scene.
    MmmBop

Go big or go home.
  • I must say i love muse <3
  • trekhead
    trekhead Posts: 626
    north-sure wrote:
    Andy wrote:
    I don't like Muse.

+1

never really got into them or understood the hype around them when they appeared on scene.

+1 although yer man is a fierce guitar player 1022.gif
    ole ginger b*ll*cks / the ginger ninja
  • fyldesmurf
    fyldesmurf Posts: 412
    I'm seing them next saturday, old trafford cricket ground, cannot wait :D
  • Duffer
    Duffer Posts: 379
    Andy wrote:
    I don't like Muse.

Muse don't like you, either. How ironic.

While i'll agree that most of their more pop-ish material is very over hyped, they have an incredible live show. And their best music is generally confined to the albums.

Here is another little live jam of theirs.
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    When they did that bit at the Glasgow date of the show they got a bagpiper on with them too :lol: It was pretty damn cool.

I love Muse like but I think they've lost it a wee bit, I saw them on that tour at the Dome and the SECC and neither show had much magic to it, very good technically and all but barely any crowd interaction, reminded me of Rage Against the Machine just before they split up, when they were just obviously doing the day job.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • I actually do love drum'n'bass.

As for Muse, I'm not keen except for Knights of Cydonia - both song and video are totally epic.
    Giant Trance X 2010
    Specialized Tricross Sport
    My Dad's old racer
    Trek Marlin 29er 2012