Problem (?) with Fox rear shock on brand new Trek Remedy 9.8

IanTrcp
IanTrcp Posts: 761
edited August 2010 in MTB workshop & tech
I have a brand new Remedy 9.8 that I spent yesterday evening fitting pedals, saddle etc to.

I noticed that (from the shop) there was absolutely no pressure in the rear shock which I thought was a little unusual. No problem though, pumped it up, measured sag, let some out, 30%, perfect thank you very much.

24 hours later and there's less than no pressure in the rear shock again.

It pumps up ok. There's no obvious problem with the valve and the cap fits perfectly.

Could I have done something wrong? Is there a valve or something somewhere I'm not aware of? It can't be meant to go from 160psi to ****-all in less than a day can it?

I'm hoping this is something obvious and that I'm not going to spend Sunday back at the shop when I should be out riding it.

All suggestions, thoughts welcomed.

Thanks in advance.

Ian

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Back to the shop straight away would be my advice. Something is amiss.
  • IanTrcp
    B*gger b*gger b*gger.

I think that I can hear air escaping gently from the valve. I've tried pumping it up and wiggling the stalk gently to reseat, but it's still happening. Any good ideas? Anything else I might try?

Assuming that the valve is faulty will that be replaced? Is that something the shop (an Evans branch) will be able to do or is it more complicated?

So annoyed that I'll be spending Sunday doing this when I should be riding. SO ANNOYED!
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    You could try tightening the valve core with the appropriate tool.
  • IanTrcp
    Took it back to Evans who confirmed the existence of the fault (not just the valve core, something more fundamental) and swapped the shock there and then for an identical one from another Remedy they had in stock.

Evans take a lot of stick at times but I can't fault the way they've handled this as I'm up and running now for a ride this afternoon. Chapeau.
  • Glad you got it sorted mate. I love hearing stories of shops doing good for their customers, seem we only ever hear the "they fugged me over" threads.