winter gloves !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

eggey17
eggey17 Posts: 39
edited August 2010 in MTB buying advice
im a new rider any advice on winter glove

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Kind of depends on how deep in winter you mean, and where you live.
    I've had some good use from a set of Sealskins extreme winter gloves, but I've heard mixed reports.
  • eggey17
    eggey17 Posts: 39
    I've had some good use from a set of Sealskins extreme winter gloves, but I've heard mixed reports.
    im in the uk sorry, not to deep just november december time
  • warrerj
    warrerj Posts: 665
    I've got specialized deflect and love 'em.

Keep the wind & rain off but still have a good feel on the bars. If it's REALLY cold (e.g. Llandegla in -5 deg) then I were a pair of silk runnign gloves under them as liners.
  • I use Endura windproof and waterproof gloves and they have stood up well in two winters- long weekly snow rides 4+hrs at a time.

Some do suffer though if they take them off with sweaty hands and the inner liner getting inside out after taking them off.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    eggey17 wrote:
    im in the uk sorry, not to deep just november december time
    Sorry, I didn't quite mean that! What I was meaning to suggest was that if you live down on the south coast, you will not need something as heavy duty as someone living in Scotland, for example.
  • I have got a set of sealskinz waterproof gloves - http://blog.cheaptents.com/Pictures/Clo ... gloves.jpg

They are most certainly waterproof but i have found your hands need to be warm before they go in, if you have cold hands they don't heat up. Just my experience though, wouldn't want different though, they certainly keep em dry and warm if you start the ride with them.
    MmmBop

Go big or go home.