Cut up, SMIDSY, more like DSYJDGAF

flateric
flateric Posts: 201
edited August 2010 in Commuting chat
Entering a roundabout to go straight on when have wit behind, accellarates hard, overtakes and swings left across me, and no camera, and to quick to get a number, hope i meet himagain soon.

So new acronym DSYJDAF.

Did See You, Just Didnt Give A F***
Bike one Dawes Acoma (heavily modified)
Bike two (trek) Lemond Etape (dusty and not ridden much)
Bike Three Claude Butler chinook, (freebee from
Freecycle, Being stripped and rebuilt
(is 3 too many bikes)

Comments

• EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    I thnk acronyms work best when you just 'know' what they mean. I got DSYJDGAF without explanation.

I don't think anyone on here will say that 3 is too many bikes. I would hazard a guess that most people on this forum have more than one, many have more than 2, a few with more than 3 and many, many will have enough bits to be able cobble together another if all LBSs closed down and Halfrauds was the only other option.

I have 2.5 bikes, (building a fixie) as well as spare brakes, brake levers, wheels, cranks, chainrings, axles, spindles, saddles, pedals, handlebars, chains...
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • Yup, I worked it out in a couple of seconds. Drivers often don't see cyclists as road-users, merely as obstacles. I see motorists look through and around me and simply not registering that I'm there! That's why I developed my 'I see you' look, so that they become aware that I am actually a living being and taking note of and being affected by their actions.

Jam butties, officially endorsed by the Diddymen Olympic Squad
  • jrduquemin
    jrduquemin Posts: 791
    I have 6 bikes, is that too much? ;-)

One of them isn't on my sig.... in case some pedant picks me up in that :-)
    2010 Lynskey R230
    2013 Yeti SB66