The failed logic of "never tested positive"

whiteboytrash
whiteboytrash Posts: 594
edited September 2010 in Pro race
The irony of the “never tested positive” logic applied by those defending Armstrong is that Floyd says he doped all his career and passed ever test bar the one stage in the 2006 Tour. Does that mean he’s lying about his doping? That is was actually clean all those years? He must have been clean because he passed all those tests. Or does the “never tested positive” rule only apply to Armstrong?

The logic can’t be applied both ways. Either we need to state Floyd was clean all those years and only used once and tested positive or both he and Armstrong were involved and practiced in a systematic doping network and worked around the tests as described by Landis.

Is Floyd lying about his doping and he was actually clean until that once instance in 2006 Tour where he took testosterone?

Comments

• dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    yet another forum anti-doping warrior above...this stuff has been talked/argued to death already :roll:
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Erm.

No. Look at the testimony of Frei or Kohl. They'd passed loads of tests while juicing. The general opinion on testing is if you get caught you're either stupid or unlucky.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,157
    I don't think any of the pro-Armstrong posters on this forum claim that "never failing a test" proves cleaniness.

Who exactly is your congregation here, wbt?
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • DaveyL
    DaveyL Posts: 5,167
    I find these anti-Lance "cultists" about as odd as the pro ones.

I think the guy doped and I hope justice is done in the current investigation. But this zeal (from both sides) to "convert" non-believers? I don't get it. Now, if someone says to me, "Well, I think he was clean", I'm just like "Whatever. We'll see." This case isn't being tried in the court of public opinion, why should I care so much what other folk want to think?

By the way, Landis was a pretty handy (clean) bike rider, if he did well in the Dauphine in the early 2000s, before his introduction to PEDs as he claims.
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    DaveyL wrote:
    I find these anti-Lance "cultists" about as odd as the pro ones.

Yeah, that's all fine, but what do you think about the burqa and whether capitalism is responsible for all doping.....
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • but if lance is guilty because "everyone does it" and only the stupid ones get caught, is that wrong?

Isn't that the level playing field? isn't that all it's really about?
  • dulldave
    dulldave Posts: 949
    but if lance is guilty because "everyone does it" and only the stupid ones get caught, is that wrong?

Isn't that the level playing field? isn't that all it's really about?

An explanation to the answers of your questions exist on just about every cycling forum that exists on the internet. Just go out and try to find them. The answers to the 3 questions are Yes, No and No in case you can't be bothered (I wouldn't blame you).
    Scottish and British...and a bit French
  • Great! We've settled it. Never testing positive doesn't mean "didn't dope". Thanks everyone for the input.
  • DaveyL
    DaveyL Posts: 5,167
    What, and this needed a debate?
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    DaveyL wrote:
    What, and this needed a debate?

Good one.
    :lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • dennisn
    The irony of the “never tested positive” logic applied by those defending Armstrong is..........

I think you're making a basic mistake by thinking that there are lots of people on this forum who are defending LA. You may be mistaking people who are simply saying "show me what ya got that will stand up in court in front of a jury", for the oft mentioned, yet somewhat mysterious, fanboys.
    Remember that withholding evidence is a crime and you seem to talk as if you have some evidence in this case and so do more than a few others. If you've got the straight flush, you need to play your hand. Why wouldn't you? Get some courage and step up with what you have.
    Don't mistake the reading of a few cycling books and internet forums as solid, iron clad evidence. You can't be that ignorant.
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    edited August 2010
    dennisn wrote:
    [
    Don't mistake the reading of a few cycling books and internet forums as solid, iron clad evidence. You can't be that ignorant.

He cant ?
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • dennisn
    Moray Gub wrote:
    dennisn wrote:
    [

He cant ?

Well, I'm hoping he isn't.
  • dulldave
    dulldave Posts: 949
    dennisn wrote:
    Moray Gub wrote:
    dennisn wrote:
    [

He cant ?

Well I guess until he gets convicted in court of being ignorant neither of you will ever know.
  • dennisn
    dulldave wrote:
    dennisn wrote:
    Moray Gub wrote:
    dennisn wrote:
    [

He cant ?

Well I guess until he gets convicted in court of being ignorant neither of you will ever know.

Good point. I don't believe I've ever said that I KNEW someone on this forum was an idiot.
    I seem to recall saying something more like I THINK someone was an idiot. Huge difference, this KNOWING something and THINKING you know something. It sort of one of the reasons I post on all this LA stuff. Some people claim to KNOW all about it. I'm thinking that they only THINK they know.
  • moray_gub
    dulldave wrote:
    dennisn wrote:
    Moray Gub wrote:
    dennisn wrote:
    [

He cant ?

Being ignorant is not a crime though so its unlikley he would be ever be convicted of that. Its a bit like me saying something like your are one ugly f*cker its all really a matter of opinion.
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Moray Gub wrote:
    dulldave wrote:

Being ignorant is not a crime though so its unlikley he would be ever be convicted of that. Its a bit like me saying something like your are one ugly f*cker its all really a matter of opinion.

Hey dennis, an opinion on the forum! Sic, boy, sic!
  • dennisn
    afx237vi wrote:
    Moray Gub wrote:
    dulldave wrote:

Hey dennis, an opinion on the forum! Sic, boy, sic!

Great place to spend some time. I'm always learning something new, weird, or different on the many, many, different topics, questions, and answers. Even all the LA ranting stuff is fun.
  • Moray Gub wrote:
    dulldave wrote:
    dennisn wrote:
    Moray Gub wrote:
    dennisn wrote:
    [

He cant ?

This is a very good point. Its similar to saying Floyd lacks credibility. Its an opinion not a point of law. Thank-you for the clarity.
  • moray_gub
    Moray Gub wrote:
    dulldave wrote:
    dennisn wrote:
    Moray Gub wrote:
    dennisn wrote:
    [

He cant ?

This is a very good point. Its similar to saying Floyd lacks credibility. Its an opinion not a point of law. Thank-you for the clarity.

Who said it was a point of law ? Certainly not me my point to you in the other thread was you were claiming 8 years of tax evasion based on basically sweet f*ck all ,sure its your opinion but it was based on nothing.
  • http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-lan ... 8173.story

Oh do its all gone wrong now.

The woman says she has given a federal investigator her account of hearing the superstar cyclist confess to doctors about use of performance-enhancing drugs. She says voice mails bolstering her claim are in government hands.

The woman who claims to have heard Lance Armstrong tell cancer doctors in 1996 he had previously used performance-enhancing drugs has repeated her account to the federal investigator leading the probe into whether the seven-time Tour de France winner and other cyclists doped.

Betsy Andreu also told The Times that the government has obtained recorded voice mails left on Andreu's message machine by Stephanie McIlvain, a representative of Oakley Inc., a longtime Armstrong sponsor. Andreu said those recordings indicated McIlvain lied when testifying that she hadn't heard Armstrong admit using drugs. Repeated attempts to reach McIlvain, who was with Betsy Andreu and her cyclist husband, Frankie, when they said they heard Armstrong confess to doping, were unsuccessful.
  • moray_gub
    http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-lance-armstrong-20100902,0,2458173.story

The woman says she has given a federal investigator her account of hearing the superstar cyclist confess to doctors about use of performance-enhancing drugs. She says voice mails bolstering her claim are in government hands.

The woman who claims to have heard Lance Armstrong tell cancer doctors in 1996 he had previously used performance-enhancing drugs has repeated her account to the federal investigator leading the probe into whether the seven-time Tour de France winner and other cyclists doped.

Betsy Andreu also told The Times that the government has obtained recorded voice mails left on Andreu's message machine by Stephanie McIlvain, a representative of Oakley Inc., a longtime Armstrong sponsor. Andreu said those recordings indicated McIlvain lied when testifying that she hadn't heard Armstrong admit using drugs. Repeated attempts to reach McIlvain, who was with Betsy Andreu and her cyclist husband, Frankie, when they said they heard Armstrong confess to doping, were unsuccessful.

This stuff has been floating around for years.
  • Moray Gub wrote:

It has been around for years, it's just being reported by more mainstream press and is coming back into light because of this investigation. Some of us chose to believe it at the time, others didn't.
  • moray_gub
    dulldave wrote:
    Moray Gub wrote:

It has been around for years, it's just being reported by more mainstream press and is coming back into light because of this investigation. Some of us chose to believe it at the time, others didn't.

As was said in another thread its all totally irrelvant in the case of misuse of public funds as at that time LA was not employed by an orginisation that used public funds.
  • dennisn

What century or time warp are you living in? If this is news to you, I think you need to get out more.
  • dennisn wrote:

What century or time warp are you living in? If this is news to you, I think you need to get out more.

This is probably news to him because he has gotten out more :D
  • dennisn
    dulldave wrote:
    dennisn wrote:

This is probably news to him because he has gotten out more :D

Could be. :? :?