Portable Pumps

Martincan
Martincan Posts: 188
edited August 2010 in Road buying advice
Is there any portable pumps available that can indicate the current psi of the tyre when attached/ and allow you to inflate/deflate your tyre to a certain degree whilst visualising how much by?

Apologies for the explanation, I hope that makes sence.

Ta very much,

Mart.
Pain is weakness leaving the body.....I have a lot of weakness!

My Blog: http://ipluswheels.wordpress.com/

Comments

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,903
    this one...

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/cycle/7/Lezyn ... 360040908/

...robust, light, easily does 120psi, high quality, has a flip-out foot so it's like a mini track pump
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    I'd be interested to know how accurate that is. Or how accurate any of the track pump gauges are !

What are you thinking of Martin ?
  • Martincan
    Martincan Posts: 188
    I did notice that Lezyne pump on my LBS website funnily enough.

In comparisson to the old days where you had a bog ordinary pump and you had to guess what the pressure of the tyre was, I am looking for a frame mountable pump (for ease of transportation) that allows me to inflate and deflae my tyres whilst allowing me to see how much pressure is entering/exiting the tyre.

For instance: I'm riding in the dry with both my rear and front tyres pumped to 100psi. It starts to rain heavily, so I want to reduce my front tyre to 90psi. I need to be able to deflate my tyre and know when it has reached 90psi without having to guess.

Sorry for the long winded explanation Cougie!
    Pain is weakness leaving the body.....I have a lot of weakness!

My Blog: http://ipluswheels.wordpress.com/
  • DaSy
    DaSy Posts: 599
    You could get a separate pressure guage, such as this -Revolution Tyre Pressure Guage

It allows you to release pressure, under control via a bleed button, so may be just the ticket if combined with a good pump.
    Complicating matters since 1965
  • nferrar
    nferrar Posts: 2,511
    If you're going to the hassle of stopping to let air out for a rain then just guess and stick the pump back on to check (either the Lezyne or a Topeak Road Morph) I'm sure there's a pump out there (like a shock pump) that will let you bleed air out with it attached but you're better off with one of the two mentioned pumps that excel at actually pumping up tyres.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,903
    cougie wrote:
    I'd be interested to know how accurate that is. Or how accurate any of the track pump gauges are !
    <...>

it reads the about same as my sks track pump, within 10psi of each other which is good enough

won't allow calibrated reduction of pressure though

i've got a standalone gauge that in theory can do this, but found in practice it lost so much pressure from a skinny road tyre that i usually had to get out the pump afterwards anyway
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny