A good bet ?

errbud
errbud Posts: 17
edited August 2010 in Pro race
I was looking for a wee bet for the Vuelta and noticed williamhill are giving 17/10 for Andy Schleck to get a top 10 finish. I am seriously considering putting £100 to get £270 back. I know he has said he is there to ride for his brother and will see how it goes etc but its a mountainous course and I cant see him outside the top 10 if he finishes. There is no such thing as a sure thing but I think its worth the risk. Any opinions or other tips ?
cheers

Comments

• afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    It's possible, but given his past record in stage-races that aren't the Tour de France, I'd stay well clear. The last time he had a top 10 in a non-Tour stage-race was the 2007 Giro... so if he says he's there to ride for Frank, I'm inclined to believe him.

But I am rubbish at race predictions, and it's your money!
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    There's a reason bookmakers make money!

Seriously anything can happen over three weeks, it's not even certain that he finishes. So have a punt if you want the excitement, just don't view it as a keenly priced investment :wink:
  • Bernardus
    Bernardus Posts: 136
    Lawrence ten Dam @ 19 (decimal odds FTW) is a very good bet. His performance will of course depend on Menchov's shape. Other decent bets are De Weert (@ 6) and Le Mevel (@ 7).

Lovkvist's (@ 2) odds are ridiculously low and Peraud (@ 3) is lower than I expected.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I've put a tenner each on F Schleck, Menchov and Sastre. I'll only lose money if someone else wins. I'll make 50 quid if Sastre wins and a tenner if the other two do...

It's worth spending 30 quid to make me actually interested in the Vuelta!!