Lateral collateral ligament

FitzM
FitzM Posts: 232
edited August 2010 in Road buying advice
Seems like I've a minor strain of my lateral collateral ligament. :(

Can anyone recommend a specific post ride stretching exercise to help?
Klein Quantum, Cervelo Soloist Team, Boardman SLR 9.0S, Boardman SLS 9.8, Kinesis Racelight 4S, DengFu FM028

Comments

• huuregeil
    huuregeil Posts: 780
    Probably the wrong forum but... the LCL is a ligament. When you stretch, you stretch muscles. Stretching on its own is not going to do a thing. LCL rehab is going to involve a combination of rest, strengthening, and flexibility work on the whole leg and hip. Probably best see a physio.

How did you do the injury? Unusual one for cycling.
  • FitzM
    FitzM Posts: 232
    huuregeil wrote:
    Probably the wrong forum....

How did you do the injury? Unusual one for cycling.

Agree it is the wrong forum but I knew it's the one most likely to get a response.

t's self diagnosis. It's not a pain, more of a strain (feels stiff) and doesn't seem to impact on my riding. I feel it the day(s) after a long ride particularly if I've been up a few hills (out the saddle).

It doesn't restrict my daily movement it's one of those niggling little things that are hard to narrow down to a specify spot. I've tried rubbing, squeezing the location but can't induce any discomfort to the touch!

It's my right leg, behind the knee and located on the outside of the knee. It came about when I done my first century last month but went away in a couple of days. Reoccured after a 60 miler a couple of weeks back and again disappeared in a few days. And retuned after last Sunday's century.
    Klein Quantum, Cervelo Soloist Team, Boardman SLR 9.0S, Boardman SLS 9.8, Kinesis Racelight 4S, DengFu FM028
  • huuregeil
    huuregeil Posts: 780
    It's highly unlikely to be your LCL in that case - a sprain will be sore to touch and pretty obvious. From what you say, it's more likely to be a cartilage issue - I really would get this checked out by a physio (ideally one who's a cyclist or who works with cyclists). In the meantime, rest and ice!