Forum home Road cycling forum Road beginners

So Excited

EurosEuros Posts: 17
edited August 2010 in Road beginners
Just had to post something, just taken delivery of my new Trek 1.2 the 2011 version. Compared to my very old and heavy bike it feels amazing. Funny thing is the wife is not sharing in my delight. No idea why.

Posts

  • nochekmatenochekmate Posts: 3,460
    Just think how excited you are going to get when you sell the Trek 1.2 and buy some real bling next summer!

    Enjoy for now.
  • bilirubinbilirubin Posts: 225
    nochekmate wrote:
    Just think how excited you are going to get when you sell the Trek 1.2 and buy some real bling next summer!

    Enjoy for now.

    :lol::lol: Talk about burst his bubble, I bet that wiped the smile off his face.
  • AnonymousAnonymous Posts: 79,667
    Enjoy riding it mate!

    Don't forget to post pics of your new pride and joy on the 'Your Road Bikes' thread BTW!!

    I give it 12 months and you'll be starting your very own 'What road bike for £2000?' thread!!
  • 37monkey37monkey Posts: 141
    Euros wrote:
    Just had to post something, just taken delivery of my new Trek 1.2 the 2011 version. Compared to my very old and heavy bike it feels amazing. Funny thing is the wife is not sharing in my delight. No idea why.

    Just done the same (different bike though) my other half refuses to stand and stare,admire, stroke or salivate over my new favourite toy - i don't understand??
  • MartincanMartincan Posts: 188
    Try asking the misses if you can keep your new Princess of Pedals at your bedside!! :shock:
    Pain is weakness leaving the body.....I have a lot of weakness!

    My Blog: http://ipluswheels.wordpress.com/
  • 37monkey37monkey Posts: 141
    Martincan wrote:
    Try asking the misses if you can keep your new Princess of Pedals at your bedside!! :shock:[/quote

    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:........................................No!
  • MartincanMartincan Posts: 188
    That's where I went wrong :( I now have know where to live.
    Pain is weakness leaving the body.....I have a lot of weakness!

    My Blog: http://ipluswheels.wordpress.com/
  • Robbie1958Robbie1958 Posts: 148
    37monkey wrote:
    Euros wrote:
    Just had to post something, just taken delivery of my new Trek 1.2 the 2011 version. Compared to my very old and heavy bike it feels amazing. Funny thing is the wife is not sharing in my delight. No idea why.

    Just done the same (different bike though) my other half refuses to stand and stare,admire, stroke or salivate over my new favourite toy - i don't understand??

    Funny i don't want my other half salivating over mine...it takes me ages to clean it and there is lots of acid in her salivation.

    I always liked my women dirty..but not the bike, i do have some standards :lol:
    Colnago..............The name on the worlds finest bikes
  • woodywmbwoodywmb Posts: 669
    Watch the oil marks on your bedclothes.
  • Congrats on the new bike =D

    When I got my new baby in March, I didnt have a lock so it had to stay in the living room for 3 days! The wife was NOT pleased as evey opportunity I would rub it down and polish it up. It really knocked the fun out of her TV time (I would generally be wearing my lycra as I caressed my new toy!)
    exercise.png
  • neilmacdneilmacd Posts: 128
    Congrats on the new bike - enjoy riding it.
    Strange how a new bike can turn my wife into mad scowling rottweiller :evil: who can be struck dumb for months on end.
    I got my Scott CR1 this time last year and even now if some of my mates ocm e round and mention it being a nice bike she goes in a huff with the line of "don't mention the bike" :D
    Scott CR1 Team
    Bitsa training bike. Bitsa this Bitsa that.......
    I'd rather quit than buy from Halfords
Sign In or Register to comment.