Really clever spoke reflectors

Comments

• Hrun
    Hrun Posts: 116
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHOK9W9h ... ata_player

18 per wheel and a comparison against the standard reflector as supplied on a Raleigh. Hope this helps with a decision.
    A biking runner :)
  • Nice, Hrun.

I may get someone to film me on the rollers - that'd show what they look like! I've got no idea...

I seem to have more per wheel... are the Lidl ones bigger packs? Or maybe I have fewer spokes...
  • I could do to get me some of those. Might have time tomorrow to head that little bit west.
    FCN - 10
    Cannondale Bad Boy Solo with baggies.
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Nice, Hrun.

I may get someone to film me on the rollers - that'd show what they look like! I've got no idea...

I seem to have more per wheel... are the Lidl ones bigger packs? Or maybe I have fewer spokes...

Lidl ones are 36 in a pack.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • Agent57
    Agent57 Posts: 2,300
    Darn! I went to Morecambe's Lidl, and there was only one pack left. That would have been OK, but it only had 3 pieces in it. :(
    MTB commuter / 531c commuter / CR1 Team 2009 / RockHopper Pro Disc / 10 mile PB: 25:52 (Jun 2014)
  • redvee wrote:

Mine had 40 in! Done every other spoke on each side of each wheel, 4 left over. Awesome.
  • Hrun
    Here is my TDF configuration. There are 36 in a pack so 18 per wheel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBBf25j_ ... ata_player
  • NGale
    NGale Posts: 1,866
    I still have half a pack left from my commuting bike, but I'm sure I will end up using the rest if I can come up with some pattern.

Jake brought three packets for his bikes. In his words 'They're tasteful cycling bling' :lol:
    Officers don't run, it's undignified and panics the men
  • Hrun wrote:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHOK9W9hfns&feature=youtube_gdata_player

18 per wheel and a comparison against the standard reflector as supplied on a Raleigh. Hope this helps with a decision.

Time to get your wheel trued, Hrun! :lol:
  • Those reflectors would make my winter commuter stand out far better at night than the standard reflectors I have now. I like the idea of being able to make some clever designs with these spoke reflectors.
  • redvee wrote:

Mine had 40 in! Done every other spoke on each side of each wheel, 4 left over. Awesome.

Same here, did 18 per wheel, had loads left over!
  • FeynmanC
    FeynmanC Posts: 649
    Just got some on your recommendation - even the light coming through the garage door is enough to make them shine really brightly! Great product!
    us0.png
  • Paul E
    Paul E Posts: 2,052
    I bought a pack today, because the spokes on my one set on the bike at the moment are flat bladed, I could only put one on the ends of spokes where it goes to a round profile again and holds them firmly.

I didn't go over board as when spinning they will make enough light and they glow like mad anyway so even a few on a wheel will attract attention.

I will put the remaining ones onto my winter wheels as those have normal round spokes.
  • ketsbaia
    ketsbaia Posts: 1,718
    Yes, yes, yes. All very well. But how much do they weigh?
  • Hrun
    ketsbaia wrote:
    Less than the extra weight I am carrying personally :)
  • Canny Jock
    Canny Jock Posts: 1,051
    Seems like these are going to officially be Silly Commuter Reflectors. We could use them instead of caps or club shirts to identify each other :D
  • Peter88
    Peter88 Posts: 50
    Got 2 packs in the Ashton Under Lyne store yesterday.

Will be fitting them today readyfor the "Ride The Lights" in Blackpool tomorrow night.
  • dancook
    dancook Posts: 279
    I'm sold, will order some now..
  • ketsbaia wrote:
    20 of them weigh 19g on my kitchen scales, so, near as dammit 1g each.
  • Paul E
    Paul E Posts: 2,052
    Will be the first commute home tonight with them on, be interesting to see how they look from on the bike. I have fitted one of my P7 torches onto the bike now using a twofishlockblock just for a little more visibility
  • de_sisti
    de_sisti Posts: 1,283
    4086754786_1e73af94bb_z.jpg

Me (streatching) at the Upper Thames Audax a couple of years ago. Lots of reflectives
    all over my person and spoke reflectors showing up well.
  • rebs
    rebs Posts: 891
    De Sisti wrote:
    4086754786_1e73af94bb_z.jpg

Me (streatching) at the Upper Thames Audax a couple of years ago. Lots of reflectives
    all over my person and spoke reflectors showing up well.
    Are you moonlighting as a character from Tron?:P
  • Canny Jock
    Canny Jock Posts: 1,051
    Or a Pearly King?
  • Canny Jock wrote:
    Seems like these are going to officially be Silly Commuter Reflectors. We could use them instead of caps or club shirts to identify each other :D
    A good, subtle idea. However, I think we would have to have a recognisable pattern for the spoke reflectors - otherwise we can only be sure that the person we have identified is either a Bikeradar person, or someone who shops at Lidl (or, of course, paid through the nose* for the same items elsewhere :twisted:).

* where does that phrase come from?
  • luther
    luther Posts: 28
    Cafewanda wrote:
    luther wrote:
    Still loads at the West Ealing branch..... if anybody needs a set I don't mind picking some up on the way to work (central London) :D

Luther, sweetypie, best friend and all that :wink: 8) If you've not already been could be a luv and get me another pack pretty please?

I'll still give my locals (Tooting, Balham and Streatham) a try tomorrow just in case.

Did you get yourself some.... shout me back if you need another pack.
    Car? Scooby....
    Motorbike? Ninja....
    Bike? Sirrus or the XTC
  • biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    Hey Liv, if you have any spare, I'll buy you a pint! (and you give me the reflectors - I'm not just congratulating you for thriftiness, now).

I have to admit I have been trying to figure out if I could make an "accidental" swastika pattern with them.
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    luther wrote:
    Cafewanda wrote:
    luther wrote:
    Still loads at the West Ealing branch..... if anybody needs a set I don't mind picking some up on the way to work (central London) :D

Luther, sweetypie, best friend and all that :wink: 8) If you've not already been could be a luv and get me another pack pretty please?

I'll still give my locals (Tooting, Balham and Streatham) a try tomorrow just in case.

Did you get yourself some.... shout me back if you need another pack.

Consider yourself 'shouted' at. Didn't make it to the stores as legs are extremely sore due to very long run yesterday. Cheers
  • biondino wrote:
    Hey Liv, if you have any spare, I'll buy you a pint! (and you give me the reflectors - I'm not just congratulating you for thriftiness, now).

I have to admit I have been trying to figure out if I could make an "accidental" swastika pattern with them.

The spare pack are going to go on the Bowery/be kept spare, but I could well go in to Lidl and get some more...

2 pints. Finder's fee. :P
  • biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    2 pints costs more than the pack! Though it would mean I wouldn't have to go into Lidl.

If you do go back, could you pick me up a pack and we can agree three pints all in?
  • biondino wrote:
    2 pints costs more than the pack! Though it would mean I wouldn't have to go into Lidl.

If you do go back, could you pick me up a pack and we can agree three pints all in?

True, but 1 pint costs less... :P

I'll pop in this week.