New campag cassette and free hub

kirkster
kirkster Posts: 7
edited August 2010 in Workshop
Hello,
I am certain my campag freehub is slowly on the way out - sometimes cranks seem to slip under high torque. Also, I want to swap my cassette for a 13-29 instead of the 12-23 I have on it now to aid me climbing.

So I am unsure what to buy for the freehub...??? Is it a campag part? The group set is 2003 Centaur 10 speed with about 10000 miles on it (a bike I am doing up after being in the loft for five years...). But in remarkably good nick other than the freehub. Even the existign cassette is in good nick - I just want to replace that for climbing.

Whilst I am at it, should I swap the chainrings as well and the chain? They both look quite good and the chain has not stretched.

Appreciate soem pointers guys. I have never done a freehub swap before.

Thanks, Steve

Comments

• red dragon
    red dragon Posts: 263
    I have had pawls and springs replaced by LBS several times, generally that ia all it is. Costwise it is about twenty pounds. Also advisable to have checked any balll bearing sets. Then changing of the cassette will be no problem, but I would take advise from LBS if you are changing cassette if your rear mech is suitable, The chain may also need to be changed.