'Ride it Away' 0% finance scheme

poppit
poppit Posts: 926
edited August 2010 in MTB general
Has anyone heard of or used this scheme to buy a bike, just wondered if it is a good scheme, it was launched in July.

http://www.thecyclingexperts.co.uk/ride-it-away/
Eddy Merckx EMX-3
Dolan L'Etape
Cougar Zero Uno
Genesis Core 50
Planet X TOR

Comments

• FunBus
    FunBus Posts: 394
    Just looks like a standard credit scheme, no different to buying a sofa etc for 0% interest, just re-worded to make it sound as though its specifically for cyclists.

Worth doing if you can get it - you may as well spread the cost over 6 months and leave the money in your account longer if its not going to cost you any extra.
  • poppit
    poppit Posts: 926
    Not seen any publicity for it though, perhaps its not worth promoting as there's nothing different about it.
    Eddy Merckx EMX-3
    Dolan L'Etape
    Cougar Zero Uno
    Genesis Core 50
    Planet X TOR
  • P-Jay
    P-Jay Posts: 1,478
    Yeah seems the same as the Blackhorse one most of the LBS I know run.

From what I could gather when I was talking to Blackhorse about working there they provide the finance on full RRP, but only pay the shop 80%ish of the value in cash, so in real terms the 'free' finance has cost you a discount of up to 20% for a cash purchase, this might be a way that LBS can do the same thing cheaper.

It's wholey better than the 0% for two years repayment free! (and we clobber you for 60% charges the day you go over the two years if you haven't paid it all off by then) ones the sofa places sell.
  • Andy B
    Andy B Posts: 8,115
    Blackhorse are phasing out finance in the bike shops

We use Ride It Away & we pay the interest but only offer 0% on new bikes at full RRP, we do finance on sale bikes but you have to pay the interest

It's no different to any other finance
    2385861000_d125abe796_m.jpg