Lapierre Spicy Sizing

Freckler
Freckler Posts: 7
edited August 2010 in MTB general
Hi all,

Are there any taller riders on a 2009/2010 Spicy that can help me out? I'm 6' 4" and interested in the 2011 Spicy 316. How does the 50cm (L) bike feel on longer rides? Is it big enough or does it feel cramped length-wise?

I'm coming off an XL Heckler which is pretty much a perfect fit, even with a 70mm stem. My legs are comparitively short at 34"; I'm all spine. The bike will see duty in Scotland, Wales and the Alps, as well as local rooty singletrack and the occasional long XC day out.

I realise I need to get a test ride, but it's proving difficult to find an L-size demo bike around the south-east.

Cheers!

Comments

• lugsey2k5
    lugsey2k5 Posts: 960
    hello.
    im 6, 4 6,5" ish" and have a 2010 zesty. Its 54CM as the 50cm was just too small in the leg after a little test ride. i do have long legs though. even now i run the seat at its max height for general riding
  • i had a little go on a friends 2009 316 spicy in a L and found it very small! (6ft 5 with a 34 inside leg). as in small to the point that i wouldn't be able to ride comfortably on any kind of outing.
    Suprised as i like to ride a slightly smaller bike anyway. I know i'd need an XL and i'm only an inch taller than you.
  • Thanks for the replies...
    Aaaargh. That's what I was afraid of. There isn't an XL in the 2011 range (or the 2010 for that matter, I think). I don't want to have to run a silly long stem, although a decent layback seatpost might help seeing as they used to come as standard on bigger Laps.

Still trying to sort out a test ride.