Where will Bikeradar be in 2011

2»

Comments

• Glad its back here, might be able to go to this one (Y)
  • Ron Stuart
    Ron Stuart Posts: 1,242
    I did the Donnington version the year before and wasn't impressed being herded onto a bloody great field at the end of a commercial airport runway, got ready then was herded into a muddy pig pen waiting for Anthony McCrossan to tell us what was going on, it was like being back in the playground at school. After an age of this we did this fantastic lap (nearly) of the track and another hold up three quarters of the way round while they finally got you into groups ready to release you into the great wide world.
    Three quarters of the way round the event a turn sign had been blown round the back of a lamp post, no problem a motorbike marshal was nearby, so I ask him "which way" yes you guessed he sent me 6 miles the wrong way along with several others then sometime later came racing back to tell us we were going the wrong way, perfect.
    Got to the finish uphill into a small gale at 8mph, "dynamic" not. Then twat off to get me Tee shirt which was labeled a small that would have fitted Magnus Backstedt. Then had food mainly cheapo nasty burger rubbish on offer and watched the Cycling Plus Staff Lounging
    around doing nothing much except chating up women.
    There are much better events than the one I attended all over the UK don't get to bothered about where this one takes place, chances are there be something better nearer where you live.