Hope hoops on crest rims - real world reviews?

M6TTF
M6TTF Posts: 602
edited August 2010 in MTB general
As they've now been out for a while, wondered if anyone who has a set could give feedback? How do they compare to a mavic 717 for stifness? I can't decide between flows or crest. Quite hard on rims around here so was thinking flows but don't want the extra oomph if it's not necessary

Comments

• Fitted some a few days ago to replace stock alexrims efforts so can't compare to the Mavics. Happy with them so far and they hold 2.35 High Rollers and Ignitors nicely but other than that not a lot of info to give sorry. I'll let you know of any problems if they develop before you get spend-happy :P
  • Steve_b77
    Steve_b77 Posts: 1,680
    I have 355's on my bike.

they take a good hammering, spent saturday flying down some peaks descents - very rocky - and they were fine.

I'm 79kgs on a 130mm travel FS BTW, runnign 2.25" NN up front and a 2.1" RR out back
  • LjStronge
    LjStronge Posts: 287
    I have a ZTR Crest on Hope Rear and a Hope Mavic 717 on the front.

The ZTR Crest I bought because they discontinued the ZTR 355.

Both rims are spot on and the Crest is really good considering the weight, it's even lighter than it's predecessor the 355.

Both of my mates have bought Crests on Hopes now (rears) and managed to pick them up online for £99!! (I believe there is a listing error some where, I think it's Tredz) but I paid £185 for my rear and £95 for my front on Mavic 717's.

By the way I run both of my wheels with tubes - where as you can run the crest tubeless I believe

EDIT*** I'm at Swinley 2 times a week and the rims have done Skyline in Afan too, not a scratch, they are SOLID!
    Specialized Rockhopper Comp 2009.
  • I have bikes on 355's and crests and have had flows on one in the past as well.

Love the Crest rims, feel as strong as the flows. the 355's are hope hoops sp xc3's and i am not sure about them. TBH i think they could do with a few more spokes! My crests are 32 hole and almost as light as the 355's.
  • M6TTF
    M6TTF Posts: 602
    Cheers for the input chaps, especially rick - if they can withstand regular blasts down Cumberland brook then i think I'll go for crests :)