Heading to Glentress, anybody know about the bike storage?

shauncr91
shauncr91 Posts: 29
edited August 2010 in MTB general
Going to be heading to Glentress soon and am going to be staying in one of these: http://www.glentressforestlodges.co.uk/ ... ms-c3.html

It says they have secure bike storage but doesn't say what it actually consists of. They don't seem to have any information about it other than the cost on the site...

Thanks

Comments

• Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    How soon? I should be down there in a couple of weeks, I could have a look if you like? The wigwams are right behind the hub. Or PM Peter413, he never leaves the place ;)
    Uncompromising extremist
  • First week of September so it'll probably be too soon :(
  • peter413
    peter413 Posts: 5,120
    I was just at the Wigwams earlier, if you had asked a few days ago I would have looked.

Anyway, I don't think there is a secure lock-up other than the Wigwam themselves but they look to have plenty of space in them.

Don't go leaving your bike too unatended though, yes it is fine during the day but around that area in the early morning and at night, it can get a little dodgy. I know someone who had their Chameleon stolen out the back of his pickup when he went inside the house for a minute at Innerliethen.

Not saying your bike is unsafe but with it being the most popular trail centre in the UK, it does have lots of shiny bikes lying around :wink:

If you want though, I can look again this weekend, I should be going
  • I emailed the glentress lodges and they said that the secure storage is a shipping container :lol: