Who's the coolest person that follows you on Twitter?

takethehighroad
takethehighroad Posts: 6,638
edited August 2010 in The bottom bracket
Mine's Jonathan Ross.

I've also "spoken" to Matt Rendell and been mentioned on the Real Peleton podcast

Comments

• softlad
    softlad Posts: 3,513
    cool people don't use twitter....
  • jim453
    jim453 Posts: 1,360
    softlad wrote:

Good effort, but sadly won't be enough to stop this thread getting quickly out of hand.

Brace yourself, here we go,

My Dad's harder than your Dad. etc etc etc etc
  • stock
    stock Posts: 56
    I really don't understand this need to use twitter and facebook. Do these people have such a high opinion of themselves that they think we all need to know what they're doing at every hour of the day?

PS: I'm going to have a shave in a few minutes, just thought you might like to know :wink:
  • jim453
    That's the spirit Stock.

Still won't be enough though.

I've got a million rare white labels, I've got two million and a first from Oxford. etc etc etc
  • ilm_zero7
    ilm_zero7 Posts: 2,213
    softlad wrote:

exactly: the coolest followers I have are the friends who dont waste their lives on Twatter and Facebook
    http://veloviewer.com/SigImage.php?a=3370a&r=3&c=5&u=M&g=p&f=abcdefghij&z=a.png
    Wiliers: Cento Uno/Superleggera R and Zero 7. Bianchi Infinito CV and Oltre XR2
  • Mad Roadie
    Mad Roadie Posts: 710
    Ha

it exists too ;

http://www.twat.me.uk/
  • Unfortunately my wife is a bit of a Facebook devotee. Analysing her “friends” status updates reveals a pretty common pattern of behaviour:-

i) I’ve had a bad day at work
    ii) I’m now getting drunk
    iii) Here are some pics of me getting drunk
    iv) I’m off to bed, f*#k you all
    v) I’m hungover
    vi) I’ve had a bad day at work

………repeat :roll:
  • PhilofCas
    PhilofCas Posts: 1,153
    Mine's Jonathan Ross.

I've also "spoken" to Matt Rendell and been mentioned on the Real peloton podcast

he wasn't right cool when he had the do with Andrew Sach :wink:
  • freehub
    freehub Posts: 4,257
    All you saddos using a forum...

Curse you all for using facebook
    Curse you all for using twatter
    Curse you all for having an iPhone

Curse everything social, CURSE THE LOT....
  • Scrumple
    Scrumple Posts: 2,665
    softlad wrote:

+1

Sad
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    Twitter............. B*llocks !!!!

I've not got time to report to the world that I'm about to talk a dump, and certainly haven't got time to read thaat someone else had toast for their breakfast !! (mainly 'cause I'm on here :D)

Dont' really see the point of it :?
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • freehub
    freehub Posts: 4,257
    It's ok if you don't see the point, but if someone trys to call it sad, then they themselves are actually the saddos, because they're using facilities on the internet that could be classed just as sad.

Not to mention some posts on here you can get much more informative posts on twatter than here.
  • Its for lazy or amateur Narcissists. In the good old days you had to put the effort in, now any muppet can be an egotist :roll:
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Indeed, it suits me fine!
  • jim453
    @.

I don't have a problem with twitter at all. Though I'm not on it myself I think it is a very interesting social media, probably with uses/applications that haven't been thought of yet. And is quite fun for those involved.

My problem is with the vulgar, competitive name dropping element to this thread. Again, not that anyone needs to care what I like or don't like.
  • Mine's Jonathan Ross.

I've also "spoken" to Matt Rendell and been mentioned on the Real peloton podcast

I'm following Jonathan Ross...

No followers, though. I prefer Facebook.
  • jim453
    Mine's Jonathan Ross.

Why don't you follow takethehighroad?

I've heard he's quite interesting
  • Crapaud
    Crapaud Posts: 2,483
    jim453 wrote:
    Mine's Jonathan Ross.

Why don't you follow takethehighroad?

I've heard he's quite interesting
    takethehighroad is Steve Davis and ICM£5!
    A fanatic is one who can’t change his mind and won’t change the subject - Churchill
  • Agent57
    Agent57 Posts: 2,300
    Stephen Fry. I'm in that elite club of 53,000 people. :roll:
    MTB commuter / 531c commuter / CR1 Team 2009 / RockHopper Pro Disc / 10 mile PB: 25:52 (Jun 2014)
  • Flasheart
    Flasheart Posts: 1,278
    I don't have:
    an iPhone
    a Facebook account
    a Twitter account (or whatever it is)
    and nor do I want.......

Do I care if I'm considered cool...nope. Not one bit.
    Cool people don't care if they are considered cool or not (not that I consider myself that cool at all)
    Cool is NOT following fashion or trends..cool people set trends etc. unintentionally. If they did it intentionally...they wouldn't be cool FFS :roll:

I DON'T want the world to know that I just took a d*mp or how many braindead lemmings are hanging on my every word.
    All this online persona thing is getting too much...stop being sheep get out on your sodding bikes the lot of you :P
    The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle. ...Stapp’s Ironical Paradox Law
    FCN3
    http://img87.yfrog.com/img87/336/mycubeb.jpg
    http://lonelymiddlesomethingguy.blogspot.com/
  • bexley5200
    bexley5200 Posts: 692
    elvis presley
    going downhill slowly
  • Bunneh
    Bunneh Posts: 1,329
    Don't see the point in Twitter, I'm just not self absorbed enough, yet.
  • fluff.
    fluff. Posts: 771
    Don't have any super cool people following me, but then I don't tweet much.

Seems alot of people assume that you have to communicate your every action, or you have to read about other peoples every action. If you follow people who make interesting posts, and stop following the banal and trite, then it's a pretty enjoyable medium. It was fun getting pro riders opinions while the tour was going on, without it being filtered though reporters and press officers and whatnot, for example.
  • Scrumple
    Scrumple Posts: 2,665
    FAIL
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,452
    I've got a Twitter account but very rarely look at it, it's usually clogged with tweets from LA when I do. I don't really get it to be honest. I use Facebook, though not as much as I used to, and it has helped me get back in touch with quite a few old friends that I'd lost track of over the years but don't see the point in adding 'friends' you don't know just to look more popular or (as my daughter does) spending hours chatting to the friends she's just spent all day in school with whether on Facebook or MSN! I've only got one follower on Twitter, have no idea who she is though!
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    Wasn't it Frankie Howerd who used to say Twitter ye not?

Sound advice I think.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,540
    Flasheart wrote:
    I don't have:
    an iPhone
    a Facebook account
    a Twitter account (or whatever it is)
    and nor do I want.......

Do I care if I'm considered cool...nope. Not one bit.
    Cool people don't care if they are considered cool or not (not that I consider myself that cool at all)
    Cool is NOT following fashion or trends..cool people set trends etc. unintentionally. If they did it intentionally...they wouldn't be cool FFS :roll:

If you were really cool, you'd realise people use facebook and iphones not because it's 'cool', but because they serve functions they want in their life.

It's obviously uncool to think people think facebook is cool...

:D
  • Burton
    Burton Posts: 172
    I'm not subscribing to the cool or uncool-ness, it's there, I use it from time to time.

The Saw Doctors are following me (I think...) Certainly had a few replies from them - Cool!
  • Airwave
    Airwave Posts: 483
    My merry band of followers include the KGB,Timmy Mallet&a women who lives at no.62... :roll: