The monday morning game.....

2»

Comments

• SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    Agreed, but heck it's the closest thing you can get to proper coffee in this country without making it yourself.
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    Clever Pun wrote:
    itboffin wrote:
    Monmouth, nothing else comes close.

Well I can't very well disagree with this as I was there this morning /coffeeclique

DDD you following this ...? :lol:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    A large Americano from Ritazza on Leeds station get me to well past Derby :lol:

(on the other hand, a Cappucino barely lasts to Wakefield!)
    Faster than a tent.......
  • rjsterry wrote:
    I know - an americano with extra shots? So that's a coffee with too much water in it, then more coffee added to make it back into proper coffee :?

Basically, I find an espresso a bit too strong, and like lots of coffee.
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 27,699
    rjsterry wrote:
    I know - an americano with extra shots? So that's a coffee with too much water in it, then more coffee added to make it back into proper coffee :?

I can see where you are coming from - I think SimonAH is right: best to make it yourself. Cafetieres are such a bugger ti clean though.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    itboffin wrote:
    Clever Pun wrote:
    itboffin wrote:
    Monmouth, nothing else comes close.

Well I can't very well disagree with this as I was there this morning /coffeeclique

DDD you following this ...? :lol:

Square Mile coffee is supposed to be good too isn't it? http://shop.squaremilecoffee.com/
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • rjsterry wrote:
    rjsterry wrote:

I can see where you are coming from - I think SimonAH is right: best to make it yourself. Cafetieres are such a bugger ti clean though.

Yeah, they really are, and furthermore I can't really be bothered with a cafetiere unless I'm cycle touring!
  • Ian.B
    Ian.B Posts: 732
    rjsterry wrote:

Yeah, they really are, and furthermore I can't really be bothered with a cafetiere unless I'm cycle touring!

Quck rinse, half fill with v. hot water, pump the filter thing up a down fast for a bit, another quick rinse, nice and clean in a matter of moments. No need for scourer, just gets stuck in the coily bit, or to unscrew the filter bits or anything faffy like that.

I generally prefer an espresso machine coffee though. I'm with the Monmouth clique, failing that I reckon that of the chains AMT do the most consistently decent capuccino
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 27,699
    Have to say I'm a big fan of Bialetti. Unfortunately no hob at work, and my own desktop camping stove might be seen as a step too far.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • PBo
    PBo Posts: 2,493
    When I'm working from home, do enjoy making my own cafetiere first thing and again in the afternoon. The Fairtrade is pretty good but some of the own brand supermarket stuff is not so bad either and I'm not fussy...French, Italian, African, South American...just what happens to end up in the trolley.

When at work, I'm chain whore and both Starbucks and Cafe Nero get hit.

@Biondino - have you tried http://www.fernandezandwells.com/beak.php

Their Portuguese custard tarts are awesome as is their charcuterie place round the corner!

Nothing beats Portuguese custard tarts, they absolutely p1ss on English ones...
  • desweller
    desweller Posts: 5,175
    rjsterry wrote:
    Have to say I'm a big fan of Bialetti. Unfortunately no hob at work, and my own desktop camping stove might be seen as a step too far.

I have one of these floating around:

417G9KQWA3L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Opens up all sorts of possibilities, not least of which is charging it with coffee and water the night before, then leaving it on a mains timer - hey presto, fresh espresso just as you walk in the door of your office.
    - - - - - - - - - -
    On Strava.{/url}