Eneco Tour stage 6 *spoilers*

afx237vi
afx237vi Posts: 12,630
edited August 2010 in Pro race
Greipel wins, but it was fairly unexpected. Tough hilly stage that ended with a group of 20-30 riders. Plus he had been riding on the front 10 km earlier, chasing breaks for Martin. Very impressive performance.

Comments

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    A future RVV contender?
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    A future RVV contender?

I wouldn't go that far. The run-in was fairly flat from what I saw, but there was a long stretch of cobbles. I was thinking more of the Worlds.

Edit: This was the profile:

http://www.sport.be/enecotour/2010/down ... /rit06.pdf
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,223
    :shock: He's been nowhere to be seen on the stages where they've been over 1km 3% monsters and he wins a stage over the Muur! Typically it was one of the few stages I didn't pick him on PTP. When will the positive be announced? :wink:
  • deejay
    deejay Posts: 3,138
    Pross wrote:
    :shock: He's been nowhere to be seen on the stages where they've been over 1km 3% monsters and he wins a stage over the Muur! Typically it was one of the few stages I didn't pick him on PTP. When will the positive be announced? :wink:
    I did ptp him because I thought he was strong enough to get over the Huy within reason and the long down hill on the Huy By-pass to cross the river.
    Then the climb up to the Motorway and that long, long underlating straight road which I thought HTC could use to get him back.
    I was shattered when I saw him collecting bottles and wondered if he was interested today but after the Huy I thought I saw him doing as my forcast.

Distance from the Huy was too long for that hill to effect the stage. IMO.
    On todays showing I expect him to be a contender for RVV.??
    Organiser, National Championship 50 mile Time Trial 1972
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    deejay wrote:
    I was shattered when I saw him collecting bottles
    :lol: that's the thing I hate about PTP, I want to enjoy the race but end up stressing about my PTP pick
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    afx237vi wrote:
    A future RVV contender?

I wouldn't go that far. The run-in was fairly flat from what I saw, but there was a long stretch of cobbles. I was thinking more of the Worlds.

Edit: This was the profile:

http://www.sport.be/enecotour/2010/down ... /rit06.pdf

You don't think he can age like Hushovd has?
  • mroli
    mroli Posts: 3,622
    What's the score with Greipel? He's an Aussie citizen now right? But can he cycle for them? He's not in their worlds team...
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    mroli wrote:
    What's the score with Greipel? He's an Aussie citizen now right? But can he cycle for them? He's not in their worlds team...

Don't you mean Haussler? He's now an Aussie again, but injured, so missing the Worlds. Greipel is fully German and leads their team.
    Twitter: @RichN95