Forum home Commuter cycling forum Commuting chat

Why is there a snip off label on my rain jacket

suzybsuzyb Posts: 3,449
edited August 2010 in Commuting chat
Got a waterproof from Decathlon today and it has a label that seems to indicate you should cut it off. Before I do though I'd like to make sure that is what you are supposed to do.

Is it?

Posts

  • Wallace1492Wallace1492 Posts: 3,707
    Probably stops it rubbing somewhere. I do that a lot with cycling tops - cut the label off. Just make sure you don't go too close to the stitching.
    "Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"
  • AidyAidy Posts: 2,015
    suzyb wrote:
    Got a waterproof from Decathlon today and it has a label that seems to indicate you should cut it off. Before I do though I'd like to make sure that is what you are supposed to do.

    Is it?

    A label which looks/feels like it has something inside it?

    I've got a few decathlon bits and pieces with those on. Never been bothered enough to actually cut them open and see if there's a secret prize in them or not.
  • suzybsuzyb Posts: 3,449
    Aidy wrote:
    suzyb wrote:
    Got a waterproof from Decathlon today and it has a label that seems to indicate you should cut it off. Before I do though I'd like to make sure that is what you are supposed to do.

    Is it?

    A label which looks/feels like it has something inside it?

    I've got a few decathlon bits and pieces with those on. Never been bothered enough to actually cut them open and see if there's a secret prize in them or not.
    Yep that's the kind.
  • FlibbFlibb Posts: 11
    Think they are security tags. Most of decathlopns stuff is their own brand, hence they can have the tags included during manufacture.
  • Decathlon has the biggest labels in it's clothing known to man!
  • suzybsuzyb Posts: 3,449
    Flibb wrote:
    Think they are security tags. Most of decathlopns stuff is their own brand, hence they can have the tags included during manufacture.
    It was just the security tag. I thought it was something nice :(
  • HeadhuunterHeadhuunter Posts: 6,494
    suzyb wrote:
    Flibb wrote:
    Think they are security tags. Most of decathlopns stuff is their own brand, hence they can have the tags included during manufacture.
    It was just the security tag. I thought it was something nice :(

    Yeah that's an RFID security/stock taking readable chip. I've got a Decathlon rucksack which used to set off security alarms in all sorts of shops as I entered and exitted then I realised that the Decathlon RFID tag was still in there. Not sure why specifically Decathlon RFID sets off other shop's security, never had that with other shop's wares....
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • AidyAidy Posts: 2,015
    suzyb wrote:
    Flibb wrote:
    Think they are security tags. Most of decathlopns stuff is their own brand, hence they can have the tags included during manufacture.
    It was just the security tag. I thought it was something nice :(

    Helpful of them to show you which bit you need to cut off in order to get it out of the shop...
Sign In or Register to comment.