Does your cycle computer have a light on it ?

mattyboy199
mattyboy199 Posts: 627
edited August 2010 in MTB general
Just wondered if anyone has a cycle computer with a light on ? cant say i have ever seen one but never looked when buying my specialized one, only really thought about it when trying read my computer at night, it also occured to that an indigo light (like the watches) would be a good idea.

Matt
Show me your green bits i might buy them !

Comments

• bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    My cateye micro wireless has one. It's a bit rubbish though, seems to be a tiny (dim) LED in one corner, rather than an Indiglo style illuminated LCD screen.

But then if it's dark enough to need to see it, I've normally got a torch on my helmet, so I light it up with that.
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    The computers I've had in the past with lights have been poor, usually a single led in one corner that makes seeing the whole display very difficult and also they were a large drain on the battery. Sigma used to sell a seperate light that you mounted on the bars by your computer.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • unixnerd
    unixnerd Posts: 2,864
    You're better with a small head torch in addition to your main lights.
    http://www.strathspey.co.uk - Quality Binoculars at a Sensible Price.
    Specialized Roubaix SL3 Expert 2012, Cannondale CAAD5,
    Marin Mount Vision (1997), Edinburgh Country tourer, 3 cats!
  • Monkeypump
    Monkeypump Posts: 1,528
    bails87 wrote:
    My cateye micro wireless has one. It's a bit rubbish though, seems to be a tiny (dim) LED in one corner, rather than an Indiglo style illuminated LCD screen.

But then if it's dark enough to need to see it, I've normally got a torch on my helmet, so I light it up with that.

+1. Computer fine, light rubbish!
  • phal44
    phal44 Posts: 240
    My Knog Nerd 12 has a backlight. Its not the brightest thing in the world but it does seem to evenly light the whole display which is quite large :)

If the streetlighting is quite bright it seems a bit hard to read sometimes but if its proper dark then its fine and wont blind you :) hehe
  • Shame really i think they could improve in this area massively, for instants with an alarm clock the digits are light, which with a bike computer would conserve energy rather lighting the whole screen :idea:
    Show me your green bits i might buy them !