Your fauvorite for La Vuelta

victorponf
victorponf Posts: 1,187
edited August 2010 in Pro race
I wish Mosquera win, but Menchov, Nibali and Frank are the main contenders.
If you like Flandes, Roubaix or Eroica, you would like GP Canal de Castilla, www.gpcanaldecastilla.com

Comments

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,702
    Menchov for me.

But I'm rubbish at picking GT stuff.
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    If he has the form and really wants it I can see Frank Schleck winning if he uses Andy to rip everyones legs off before attacking himself.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • Why would Frank Schleck want to attack himself?

Oh, I see, yes.

I reckon he has a decent shot at it as well. Depends how much form he lost with his injury. Seems he was only off the bike for about a week and raced in the post-Tour crits.
  • victorponf
    I´d like Andy trying to win

He needs to win as soon is posible a GT, if not he can be the new Poulidor
    If you like Flandes, Roubaix or Eroica, you would like GP Canal de Castilla, www.gpcanaldecastilla.com
  • DaveyL
    DaveyL Posts: 5,167
    Victor! Where have you been?

I dunno about the overall, Menchov is probably a good bet. I will be interested to see how Tejay Van Garderen goes, and I am looking forward to a Cavendish/Farrar duel.
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    I think Anton has a good shot at the podium. I remember watching the queen stage of Castilla y Leon where he outclimbed Contador, Mosquera and Soler for the win. OK, Contador isn't in his best shape in April, but it was still a great performance.

He was missing virtually all of last year because of injury, but if he's back in peak shape and has been targetting the Vuelta all year, I think he could do well.
  • victorponf
    DaveyL wrote:
    Victor! Where have you been?

I dunno about the overall, Menchov is probably a good bet. I will be interested to see how Tejay Van Garderen goes, and I am looking forward to a Cavendish/Farrar duel.

Eating paella and been lazy!

I forget Van Garderen in the pool :oops:
  • calvjones
    calvjones Posts: 3,850
    Typical lightweight poster only coming out for the big GT!

Welcome back.

Nibs all the way; he's class and properly rested. Would love to see VG podium

Strava is not Zen.
  • Neil McC
    Neil McC Posts: 625
    Voted Menchov. I'd like to see Nibali win, but I have a feeling Menchov will. Yet to have a proper look at the route though.
  • donrhummy
    donrhummy Posts: 2,329
    I have to say, looking at the route this is going to be the first exciting Vuelta in YEARS. They seem to have done an amazing job of keeping it exciting and the days mixed with mountains, TT's and sprints from day 1 to the end! I can't remember the last Vuelta with such an inspired, interesting route.
  • DaveyL
    DaveyL Posts: 5,167
    Unfortunately Don, it's up to the riders to decide how they want to race it...
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • micron
    micron Posts: 1,843
    DaveyL wrote:
    Unfortunately Don, it's up to the riders to decide how they want to race it...

Agreed - look at Mont Ventoux last year
  • Moomaloid
    Moomaloid Posts: 2,040
    After having to endure the Eneco, i can't wait for the Vuelta to start... got a feeling its going to be a good race.
  • Sastre, ( a ) because he is in my fantasy team and ( b ) because he has a bit to prove before leaving Cervelo.
  • ms_tree
    ms_tree Posts: 1,405
    Nice to see you back victor - been wondering where you were. Anton for me this year. Had a bad couple of years but was good at beginning of season.
    'Google can bring back a hundred thousand answers. A librarian can bring you back the right one.'
    Neil Gaiman
  • ms_tree
    ms_tree Posts: 1,405
    Moomaloid wrote:
    After having to endure the Eneco, i can't wait for the Vuelta to start... got a feeling its going to be a good race.
    O come on! The Eneco wasn't that bad. They had more variety of stages this year. Remember the first few when it was endless days of flat stages. Yawn! They mixed it up with some nice hilly stages as well.
    'Google can bring back a hundred thousand answers. A librarian can bring you back the right one.'
    Neil Gaiman
  • victorponf
    Betting at the moment

1. Denis Menchov 3.75
    2. Franck Schleck 3.93
    3. Vicenzo Nibali 6.04
    4. Igor Anton 9.42
    5. Andy Schleck 11.83
    6. Carlos Sastre 13.50
    7. Joaquín Rodríguez 18.55
    8. Roman Kreuziger 19.25
    9. Andrey Kashechkin 24.89
    10. David Arroyo 43.42
  • Bernardus
    Bernardus Posts: 136
    Moomaloid wrote:
    O come on! The Eneco wasn't that bad. They had more variety of stages this year. Remember the first few when it was endless days of flat stages. Yawn! They mixed it up with some nice hilly stages as well.

The Eneco Tour still looks way too much like the first week of the Tour de France: most stages end in sprints, there are some hills with minimum impact and the leader is decided in the TT. I understand they have to finish in "large" cities for financial reasons, but it's like they're not even trying to make in interesting.

victorponf wrote:
    Betting at the moment

1. Denis Menchov 3.75
    2. Franck Schleck 3.93
    3. Vicenzo Nibali 6.04
    4. Igor Anton 9.42
    5. Andy Schleck 11.83
    6. Carlos Sastre 13.50
    7. Joaquín Rodríguez 18.55
    8. Roman Kreuziger 19.25
    9. Andrey Kashechkin 24.89
    10. David Arroyo 43.42

Which bookmaker is this? Because if Mosquera is at 43+ I'm going to place a lot of money on him.
  • victorponf
    Which bookmaker is this? Because if Mosquera is at 43+ I'm going to place a lot of money on him.

It´s the average of 50 bookmaker, i see it in a spanish forum.

Anyway, it´s quite weird that Mosquera is no there
  • Bronzie
    Bronzie Posts: 4,927
    Surprised Luis Leon Sanchez doesn't get a mention. Solid tester who finished 11th at the Tour. I don't see the mountain top finishes as being that selective in this year's route.
  • victorponf
    Bronzie wrote:
    Surprised Luis Leon Sanchez doesn't get a mention. Solid tester who finished 11th at the Tour. I don't see the mountain top finishes as being that selective in this year's route.

Bola del Mundo (Stage 20), I think it´s too much hard for LL Sánchez.

http://www.altimetrias.net/aspbk/verPuerto.asp?id=380