Cateye Strada Wireless

gareth.cantrill
gareth.cantrill Posts: 33
edited August 2010 in MTB general
I've had mine about three months and it has been working fine, until the last couple of rides. It seems to be resetting itself on offroad bumpy ground. 20 miles into a ride yesterday it suddenly told me I'd been riding for 6 mins.

Anyone else had this problem?

I'm wondering if it has anything to with it being mounted on my stem.

Comments

• Mccraque
    Mccraque Posts: 819
    maybe a silly question...but you haven't pressed it somehow during that time? Mine frustratingly resets if I turn the bike over (to mend a flat) or something...or accidentally grab it with my hand when lifting the bike over a gate or something,.
  • marksteven
    marksteven Posts: 208
    if its right at the front of the stem move it back 10mm , :idea:
  • delta5
    delta5 Posts: 265
    Mine did that a few times too. Once was because I got my mobile phone too close to it while answering a call, which seemed to mess up my day's ride data.
    Another time I pressed down for too long while taking it off the bike and zeroed my data, so now I click it to Dst2 before taking it off (that way if I press too long it only clears Dst2 which is generally = Dst anyway)

I've always had mine on the stem and apart from the two instances above it's been okay. I recently changed from an 80mm to a 60mm stem (both forged alu) and even with the reduced clearance it's seems fine. Just make sure it's got some clearance from the bars and headset and make sure the little mounting strap thingy is fairly tight.
    Maybe also check the battery / contacts? (but if your odometer reading is still ok it's prob not this).

I really like the Strada - one of the best gadgets I've bought.
    Anyone know how long the batteries are likely to last?
    My abundant supply of MTFU is reserved for use in dry, sunny conditions.
  • Rindle
    Rindle Posts: 219
    Stupid question but it is clipped intp the brasket fully. Some computers can clip in with out the connection being snug.

If not see if you can find your receipt and take it back it could just be duff. Cateye make thousnads of them there's going to be one or two that are faulty.
  • alfablue
    alfablue Posts: 8,497
    There is no connection between the computer and the bracket (i.e. no electronic one), but there is a reset button underneath, could something be pressing that? More likely a duff unit and/or a poor connection with the battery.
  • terryowen
    terryowen Posts: 139
    hi ive had mine over twelve months,verry happy with it no problems,but i think the battery has run out,does anyone know where i can get a new one thanks.
  • alfablue
    alfablue Posts: 8,497
    search for cr2032 batteries on eBay, I got 6 panasonics for about £3
  • terryowen
    terryowen Posts: 139
    bloody hell that was cheap thanks will have a look now.
  • stumpyjon
    stumpyjon Posts: 4,069
    Accidental reset is the most likely cause, done it a few times with mine when openning gates etc. I've got four of these units (one for each bike :oops: ) all stem mounted with no real issues.
    It's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

I've bought a new bike....ouch - result
    Can I buy a new bike?...No - no result
  • kona_matt
    kona_matt Posts: 475
    agree with most on this, i often accidently reset mine when i'm messing about with my rucksack, lifting my bike over a gate (not that i ride footpaths of course, that would be illegal :wink: ) or picking my self out of a bush/tree! annoying but hey, it's only data.
    FCN 9 - 2008 Kona Cinder Cone
    FCN 9 - Custom Build On-One 456
    FCN 5 - 2010 Boardman Team Carbon