Safe to park around piccadilly circus???

Teqqles
Teqqles Posts: 20
edited August 2010 in Commuting general
My work has recently changed offices and I had been parking my bike in the office, last time I left my bike on the road it lasted half a day before being stolen. I currently have a Boardman Team Carbon and am worried about theft if I park it on the road, does anyone have any suggestions? (My flats a bit small for a second bike)

Comments

• Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    I've got a carbon Focus Cayo which I use for weekend rides and I must admit I would never leave it out in public in London as I assume anything at around the £1k and above price bracket would be a target. Friends of mine with much lesser bikes have had them nicked. What aboutgetting a folding bike for commuting?
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • nich
    nich Posts: 888
    My flats a bit small for a second bike

Pfft, I only have a small 1 bedroom flat, and I've got old 3 lovely's living with me. Most the time they stay at the end of the bed. I've got another one arriving today in a bit :oops:

I would be really wary about leaving an expensive bike locked up. Personally I wouldn't, unless you have some funky insurance that would cover it?
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    Asking for trouble there mate. A nice bike on the street *will* get nicked in London, no matter how good your lock is. Can't you keep it inside somewhere?
  • biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    Teqqles, yes, your bike will get nicked if you leave it outside in central London. I'd do anything you can to find a place in your office where you can store it, and if this isn't going to work, buy a hack bike or a folder for the commute. Or use a Borisbike?
  • Teqqles
    Teqqles Posts: 20
    Crap, I'll have a word with the Director, I thought this would be the case but I didn't know if I was being paranoid - I'm already next to un-insurable after losing my Croix de Fer a week into riding it in London...