Isle of Wight 14 Hills Killer - Sun 29th Sept 2010

the_lone_wolf
the_lone_wolf Posts: 38
edited December 2010 in MTB rides
Hey all

First post, must have been registered before as my email is already in use!! :?

Have entered the above event this year, hardly a professional racer so it's a bit of fun and personal challenge

Currently entering with my boss, but it's always nice to have a few people around

So, if you fancy joining us post a reply. Until then, I suppose I'd better get some training in... :!:

Comments

• topmoxy
    topmoxy Posts: 138
    i could be wrong , but i think this is on sunday 19th september. better check or one of us will be dissapointed :?
  • What a spanner, yeah, it's the 19th

I should know, I fly out to SA on the 26th :roll:

Err, so, right... 19th it is then :oops:
  • good luck with your ride mate, only doing the 7 this year as i can race it and get a good time see you there is going to be good
  • Hey Ben - Did consider the 7 but I'm looking to push as far as possible so figured "go big or go home"

Come say hi if you see us at the start line, Purple Kona Four and a Scott carbon hardtail, blue Giro lid and a Camelbak Mule, probably have some kind of camera setup too

Good luck 8)
  • yes you are right, i tell my self every year that il do the 14 next time but then never train for it, il keep a look out for you mate will more then licky see you at some point in the day, did it in a time of 2.30 hours last year so going to try and crack 2.20 this year have a really good ride, if you have not done it befor it is a really good route see there mate good luck :lol:
  • the_lone_wolf
    hay mate how did you get on? we spoke to each other i think :) you would have been on the 2nd hill of the day? i think i told you the way to go? blond dredlocks green top? near the runners my ride went ok but not as good as i was hopeing did you finish ok?
  • ben110 wrote:
    the_lone_wolf
    hay mate how did you get on? we spoke to each other i think :) you would have been on the 2nd hill of the day? i think i told you the way to go? blond dredlocks green top? near the runners my ride went ok but not as good as i was hopeing did you finish ok?
    Hey mate

Didn't make it to Freshwater in time so stopped there, I was bloody knackered - that was us you spoke to at the top of Rew down, thanks for the directions, saved us taking an even longer route!!

Definitely the 7 next year unless I find time to put some serious training in :lol:
  • ben110 wrote:
    good luck with your ride mate, only doing the 7 this year as i can race it and get a good time see you there is going to be good

good luck 2 u 2.. and will meet there.. :D