No

Sorry post hi jact by arse
Training for the Cycle to Spain and the Quebrantahuesos
www.seeyouinspain.co.uk

Comments

• FransJacques
    FransJacques Posts: 2,148
    Will I ever see the bike again? Some guy on a forum says, give me your bike, in fact, I'll meet you at a rest stop on the M25 and you can give it to me. Just hand it over, Cervelo R3SL with full DA and Ardennes and all, maybe take my helmet and shoes as well.

Then I'll meet you in Spain in a couple weeks and give it back to you.

Sure. Let me get on that right way.

Is it April?
    When a cyclist has a disagreement with a car; it's not who's right, it's who's left.
  • niedermeyer
    niedermeyer Posts: 1,075
    FJ - a quick look at the chap's posting history would establish that his bonas are fairly fide- do you always think the worst of people? Has something dark happened that has made you so cynical?
    Radio 4. They make me nervous. 50 year old men posting as 15 yo girls and meeting people at M25 truck stops etc.
    I'd have to know someone personally for a few months before I trusted them with my bike. Not the in-animate object or money, but the "I knew this was going to happen, why did I not trust my gut" moment then I turn up and no one's there.

A UK tour company tried this at this year's etape. Great idea I thought. I was on a sportive recently and rode 95% of it with a nice dude who rode the etape with this outfit. The next morning at 11am he called the rep to ask when the bike pickup was happening. The rep said "we're 3 hours up the highway". The client said "well good for you but you had better take the next exit and get back here".

Nuff said.
    When a cyclist has a disagreement with a car; it's not who's right, it's who's left.
  • Fxxx
    Training for the Cycle to Spain and the Quebrantahuesos
    www.seeyouinspain.co.uk