Ride the Clwyds

omegas
omegas Posts: 970
edited August 2010 in Routes
I found this web site with lots of different rides around north Wales , lots of information with route cards and maps.

http://www.ridetheclwyds.com/rideclwyds/the_routes2.asp

Has anyone tried any of these routes out as I am thinking of going to explore over the next few weeks , I have the OS map 265 so hopefully I wont get lost.

Comments

• stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    They are nice routes though the To the lake ride is a bit of a slog there isnt really anything to get excited about on it but it is good if you just want to get some miles in. The other routes are a bit more varied there are some steep climbs but luckily they dont go on for too long. There will be road miles to do on all the routes but on back roads so not too busy.

Try and avoid the Loggerheads park on a sunny weekend if you dont like crowds it can get full of dogs and kids who should both be on leads.
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    Forgot too mention compasses can go a bit funny on the Clwydians dont know wether its Ley lines the TV masts or a high iron content but I have seen a compass needle swinging 90 degrees on the top of Moel Famau
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap