Eneco Tour stage 4 *spoilers*

afx237vi
afx237vi Posts: 12,630
edited August 2010 in Pro race
So I tune in... first thing I hear: "Edvald Boasson Hagen... well, he got mugged yesterday."

5 km to go, anyway. Bunch sprint coming up.

Comments

• afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    1. Henderson
    2. Skil rider (Van Hummel?)
    3. EBH

Carlton: "Why would Greg Henderson have done that to Boasson Hagen?"

HENDERSON, YOU BEAST!

Carlton, I think, is actually percival who posts in the PTP threads.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,589
    Rubbish tactics by Sky - fancy leading out like that and only getting 2 in the first 3 ;-)
  • Pross
    I reckon Carlton is FF
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,158
    Pross wrote:
    Rubbish tactics by Sky - fancy leading out like that and only getting 2 in the first 3 ;-)

Exactly. They should have got 1st and 2nd. Disgraceful. What were they thinking?
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Pross
    and Haymans and G just dropping back when thet were on the front what was that about? :lol:
  • RichN95.
    Pross wrote:
    and Haymans and G just dropping back when thet were on the front what was that about? :lol:

On the Cyclingnews forum someone criticised EBH for starting his sprint too early. :roll: Yeah, Renshaw has that problem too.
  • Pross
    Wasn't Kirby was it? He didn't seem to realise they set it up for their sprinter to win the sprint either :roll:
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    edited October 2012
    I haven't heard any commentary but am a little surprised at the number of comments about one Carlton. Could someone please explain the situation?!

In other races today, Nibali wins Trofeo Melinda ahead of Vladislav Borisov and Visconti. Looking forward to Plouay tomorrow - no Ricco unfortunately as the incompetents at UCI haven't finished the necessary paperwork.

Over at the Tour Of Utah, Phinney won the TT (9miles at 33mph av!) with Llevi 2nd and Dowsett 4th. Levi retains overall (I think it wrong that he should be riding this at all - he cannot beat the real Pro Riders so rides as a one man team against lesser teams. Not really fair for the others)
    Contador is the Greatest
  • RichN95.
    Pross wrote:
    Wasn't Kirby was it? He didn't seem to realise they set it up for their sprinter to win the sprint either :roll:

To be fair to him, when I was watching it, I was unsure of the tactics. A lot of the Sky riders look the same to me, so until the last Km I thought they had put a guard rider on EBH's wheel as a defence (which would be a smart move). But then I clocked it was Henderson and saw the light.

I have to say, at sprint lead outs, some say they blow it, but put Cav as last man and they're actually quite good. I'd like them to start emulating the general HTC plan, which I think is top class.
  • Pross
    I haven't heard any commentary but am a little surprised at the number of comments about one Carlton. Could someone please explain the situation?!

There was some serious adoration of EBH on stage 3 (think of your own comments on Bert and x by 10) and then when he led out Henderson for the stage Carlton said "how could he (Henderson) do that to him :lol: