Mongoose 2011

supersonic
supersonic Posts: 82,708
edited September 2010 in MTB general
Just been spying the new stuff, looks like it is going to be the same formula, well priced kit with lots of brand names. There is a new 90-120mm travel budget full susser, but doesn't use the freedrive system.

As for the Teocali - it is there, but the UK importers have DROPPED it and will not be bringing it in! While I don't particularly believe in this 'bikes for UK riding' mantra, this is the sort many would go for due to 140-150mm at each end. Same with GT, they are only importing certain models, and few of the ones that a typical rider might like ie the Avalanche X. Strange thinking.

Comments

• shieldsy94
    shieldsy94 Posts: 342
    they should import the most popular ones that the public will buy. I.E the only people ive seen riding mongoose mountain bikes are riding teocali and fireball. Judging from popularity, its a bit of a failure for the importers as they will sell barely any mongooses up near me.
  • CFS
    CFS Posts: 124
    Probably dropped the Teocali because the bike mags have pretty much slated it lately.

Pity, I think it is a decent bike, mine does the job well and it got 9/10 in MBUK in 2008 but the recent reviews aren't so good.
    Shot by both sides...
  • supersonic
    The sus is a bit marmite, but then again I think they all are. But for the money, a hell of a lot of bike.

Is a pity. Still Paul's are knocking out older models for peanuts.
  • supersonic
    The website is up and running - the Tyax series looks good for the cash again:

786_511_921_sourceImage.jpg

A lot of bike this year that is for £470. Looks nice too.