Eneco Tour Stage 3 *spoiler*

DaveyL
DaveyL Posts: 5,167
edited August 2010 in Pro race
No idea what's going on, but Carlton is spouting an almost constant stream of BS...
Le Blaireau (1)

Comments

• Tom BB
    Tom BB Posts: 1,001
    Agreed :D

How long until he realises EBH does not have a team mate in the break!

Not a bad stage thus far :)
  • OK, so Wednesday, HTC waste Tony Martin. Today, he's off the front.

Seems they place nil value in GCs.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    DaveyL wrote:
    No idea what's going on, but Carlton is spouting an almost constant stream of BS...

Did he just call Vacansoleil "the suncream people"?! Whaaaaat?
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,158
    OK, so Wednesday, HTC waste Tony Martin. Today, he's off the front.

Isn't he off the front, trying to win the GC? And doing rather a good job of it. What are you on about?
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Tom BB
    I'm a huge EBH fan, and even I am finding the commentary sickening!

Good ride by Tony Martin over a minute ahead with about 10k to go....be touch and go bringing him back.....
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,589
    Tom BB wrote:
    I'm a huge EBH fan, and even I am finding the commentary sickening!

Good ride by Tony Martin over a minute ahead with about 10k to go....be touch and go bringing him back.....

+1 another EBH fan but they are going so overboard, he wasn't really closing back on the leaders.
    Agreed

How long until he realises EBH does not have a team mate in the break!

Not a bad stage thus far

He did have a team mate in that break though.
  • Tom BB
    Is carlton trying to work out who will be in the leaders jersey usuing bonus seconds?...

Forgetting Martins 1 minute he is in the lead?
  • DaveyL
    DaveyL Posts: 5,167
    God almighty Carlton, stop calling him "Eddy Boss"! And stop doing that long chuckle every time you fk something up. Which is about every five seconds.
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • Tom BB
    Pross wrote:

No, it was two rabo guys EBH a skil shimano guy and someone else....he read a name that was Simon G---- (cant remember!) think he presumed it was Simon Gerrans of Sky!
  • RichN95.
    Did that Astana guy think he'd won?
  • Allan Davies wins...............................the most embarrassing celebration of the year award. :oops:
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Allan Davis...

nelson-muntz.gif
  • RichN95 wrote:
    OK, so Wednesday, HTC waste Tony Martin. Today, he's off the front.

Isn't he off the front, trying to win the GC? And doing rather a good job of it. What are you on about?

Ah yes, I too win the embarrassment award.
    On Wednesday, somebody had said elsewhere, after his pull he had lost 1'-20" on the final climb and I hadn't bothered to check the GC standings.
    My bad.
  • Rubbish tactics from Sky. And I must wonder if Rabobank really think Moerenhout can beat Martin
  • Pross
    Tom BB wrote:
    Pross wrote:

No, it was two rabo guys EBH a skil shimano guy and someone else....he read a name that was Simon G---- (cant remember!) think he presumed it was Simon Gerrans of Sky!

I originally thought it was just one Sky rider but I thought I saw someone in Sky kit and assumed that I was missing EBH in green :? Maybe my eyes are playing up or Kirby syndrome is contagious (seems to be starting to affect Big Maggy!).

Had to turn the commentary off in the end, all that fawning about EBH and Carlton had him down as GC leader totally ignoring the 1 minute plus they had up front. To complete the cringy stage we then had Allan Davies' celebration :oops:
  • RichN95.
    William H wrote:
    Rubbish tactics from Sky.

How so?

They managed to engineer and get EBH into the winning break. He just didn't manage to stay there (for whatever reason - not paying attention probably). The team did everything right. Sometimes I think people just want to knock Sky regardless of the situation.
  • Pross
    RichN95 wrote:
    William H wrote:

How so?

They managed to engineer and get EBH into the winning break. He just didn't manage to stay there (for whatever reason - not paying attention probably). The team did everything right. Sometimes I think people just want to knock Sky regardless of the situation.

Because they are Sky so their tactics must be rubbish just like yesterday when they led out their man for third place and a couple of extra seconds for the GC which was also rubbish tactics :wink: To be fair I thought they missed a trick today when the two leaders got a good gap, they had at least 4 riders in the front group and perhaps should have chased hard to bring it back given that Martin at least is unlikely to lose a minute in the TT.
  • RichN95 wrote:
    William H wrote:

How so?

Firstly, putting in a bunch of effort early on which they didn't need to.

Secondly, EBH failing to respond to Moerenhout and Martin. Perhaps he couldn't, but that wasn't how it looked to me.
  • deejay
    deejay Posts: 3,138
    I looked for this thread when they climbed the Kwarmont the first time because I was impressed with Steegmans climb as he showed my PTP and local rider Devolder how it should be done.
    Devolder just gave up after that and was last seen on the back.
    Organiser, National Championship 50 mile Time Trial 1972
  • Bernardus
    Bernardus Posts: 136
    William H wrote:
    And I must wonder if Rabobank really think Moerenhout can beat Martin

What is that supposed to mean :? ? They should have sent another rider with Martin? Which Rabo rider is going to beat Martin in a long TT? Menchov maybe, but he's in Spain. Besides, Moerenhout is not some kind of Rasmussen, he's one of their best TT riders, if he gains of few more seconds he has a pretty decent chance.
  • Bernardus wrote:
    William H wrote:
    And I must wonder if Rabobank really think Moerenhout can beat Martin

What is that supposed to mean :? ? They should have sent another rider with Martin? Which Rabo rider is going to beat Martin in a long TT? Menchov maybe, but he's in Spain. Besides, Moerenhout is not some kind of Rasmussen, he's one of their best TT riders, if he gains of few more seconds he has a pretty decent chance.

It means that I think that they've looked a very strong team, but the strategy they chose has left the GC as a head to head which they're unlikely to come out better on.

But on reflection, they probably got their strategy right - a stage win and a strong 2nd place on GC are good results.