Ireland Trails

wilsonrp
wilsonrp Posts: 5
edited August 2010 in Routes
Hi all,

Never been and fancy a road trip round ROI in my van. Looking online there seems to be plenty of singletrack. Trouble is, for trip planning, the websites I've looked at are pretty useless. Has anyone done this and got any advice? Are there any websites where most/all of the info you need is in 1 place. Such as the location of the trails, trail grading/distance, facilities etc etc? Something comparable to mbwales or 7stanes?

thanks

Comments

• noeldoc
    noeldoc Posts: 3
    lots of mtb inireland,but having been to the uk this summer I regret to say that as mtb trail centres go we dont have anything comparable.The largest is the ballyhouras trail centre with 60k of trails but while you may test yuor fitness levels by the distance you choose to take on the trails themselkveswould come in at uk blue level.
    Close to Dublin is the Ballinastoe centre which will give you a more technical challange and is good fun to ride but would still come in at an easy red@17k.Nearby to this is Djouce mountains which has some great unoffical trails and "three rock" the venue for the national champs this year.,a tough red with some black sections,in a 6k loop.These trails can be combined to a great days riding with a local guide.Post to "MAD MTB" for some company.
    Apart from this there are unoffical trails all over the country all volunteer built, but you will be advised to contact the local MTB club wherever you are visiting and pick up a guide or at least some directions.Many of the clubs have websites
    If you are heading to the southwest look up my own club "KILLARNEY CYCLING CLUB" or our neighbours"MBCC" Iin Cork andyou will get plenty of help and also see upcoming events in the area.iea few 60k xc marathons upcoming.Hope this has been some help
    noeldoc.