Coffee mugs/flasks for bikes

biondino
biondino Posts: 5,990
edited August 2010 in Commuting general
Hi all,

I'd like to get a decent sized vacuum flask for tea and coffee which is designed to fit a standard bottle cage, but which I can also use off the bike without looking silly. Any tips?

Comments

• rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 27,677
    There is one that I saw in either CW or C+ a while back. I think it was a good flask, but a bit heavy/rattly to fit to bottle mounts.

I've also found this

http://www.bikebuddy.co.uk/

and this

http://www.bobshop.de/en/Brands/LaPLAYA/Accessories/Water-bottles/LaPLAYA-thermos-flask-0-5l-blue.html?campaign=FroogleUK/70045&secondary=on

Neither are the one that was reviewed, but both look reasonable.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • I wish I could be more specific, but I can't. But apparently there is a flask that John Lewis sell (or used to sell - sorry, this isn't turning out to be too helpful) that fits nicely; a person in a group I occasionally cycle with had one last May. I don't think it would do more than 1.5 people though (one person drinking a fair bit, or two people not drinking much).
  • mkchu84
    mkchu84 Posts: 41
    Have you checked out bicycle coffee systems? they've tried a lot of combinations. I think it's an American site, but some options might be available over here too
  • gs3
    gs3 Posts: 249
    Edinburgh Bicycle Co-op do this 500ml coffee flask complete with mounting bracket..

• PBo
    PBo Posts: 2,493
    biondino wrote:
    Hi all,

I'd like to get a decent sized vacuum flask for tea and coffee which is designed to fit a standard bottle cage, but which I can also use off the bike without looking silly. Any tips?

The flaw in your logic is that even if it doesn't look silly off the bike, you WILL look bl00dy silly drinking coffee ON it!
    :lol:
  • biondino
    PBo wrote:
    biondino wrote:
    Hi all,

The flaw in your logic is that even if it doesn't look silly off the bike, you WILL look bl00dy silly drinking coffee ON it!

have you seen some of the outfits I wear? I'm fine looking silly! Not suggesting I use a cup and saucer, you know ;)
  • Lancslad
    Lancslad Posts: 307
    PBo wrote:
    biondino wrote:
    Hi all,

Good job theres no one to see me with my costa coffee mug at 5am in a morning, It keeps my coffee warm for a good 30mins on the bike.
    Novice runner & novice cyclist
    Specialized Tricross
    Orbea (Enol I think)
  • Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    Doesn't the Trek District come with coffee mug/flask ?
  • iainmoss
    iainmoss Posts: 88
    Doesn't the Trek District come with coffee mug/flask ?

Its the Trek 'Soho', but thats an £800 coffee cup!
  • biondino
    Thansk for your help, everyone, but I'm sorted:

126696.jpg