• prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,439
    Worth watching?
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    Not if it means staying up til half-past midnight to watch Eurosport's 90 minute "highlights".

Team Sky did a sterling job in leading out Greipel, though.
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,157
    LangerDan wrote:
    Team Sky did a sterling job in leading out Greipel, though.

I don't think you can blame Sky for that though. They did the best they could for EBH, it's just others were quicker.

On every Tour stage HTC do a great lead out for whoever happens to be sitting on Cav's wheel that day. Doesn't help them win though.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,736
    As far as I am concerned, unless your sprinter is either the best or 2nd best sprinter there, there is no point in putting on a lead out.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,157
    As far as I am concerned, unless your sprinter is either the best or 2nd best sprinter there, there is no point in putting on a lead out.

What if your sprinter is a still relatively inexperienced 23 year old who hasn't yet developed a sixth sense for following the right wheels?
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • mroli
    mroli Posts: 3,622
    I'm starting to really love Sky now. They never win a sprint in these races, but do an AMAZING job at providing a train for the other sprinters who needn't bother with a train. You just sit on Eddy's wheel, get towed to the front and jump in the knowledge he isn't good enough to come round you. EBH is the new Mark Renshaw?!

I think Sky must be making a lot of friends in the peloton these days!
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,736
    RichN95 wrote:

What if your sprinter is a still relatively inexperienced 23 year old who hasn't yet developed a sixth sense for following the right wheels?

Then he needs to bl00dy learn!
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    edited September 2015
    Most of those riders wish they could be as good as EBH when they were or will be his age :lol:
    Contador is the Greatest
  • EBH picked up bonus seconds, moved into second overall. Not a bad result in a race with limited time gaps.
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,439
    Bloomin sky+ missed the end anyway. Never mind. :roll:
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • Saw a little bit this morning. Looked hairy out there with that artic in the road !
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,585
    What a surprise, Sky gets criticised again - this time it's for providing a perfect lead out! Greipel did well in the end as HTC seemed in complete disarray. EBH is a contender for the overall and the Sky lead out has left him with a small time gain over his main GC rivals so I'd have said they did a good job. 3rd behind Greipel and McEwen is a decent sprint result for most riders let alone an all rounder with GC credentials. The alternative to leading him out was hoping he got on the right wheels to pick up time bonuses on his own. Good job Sky and Henderson who sacrificed his own chances on the stage.