If you could have one cycling thing....

2»

Comments

• MonkeyMonster
    MonkeyMonster Posts: 4,629
    JonGinge wrote:
    cjcp wrote:
    Carbon bottle cages from Planet X. They're fantastic. Also...

your mate will then have carbon, and he will want more. When (not if) he buys more carbon, you can start to use him as the standard against which Mrs Asprilla can measure you bike-related expenditure, so that you don't look as if you're frittering away your cash. :D
    This what you've been doing? :lol:

Perhaps I should charge for that service ;)

:D

if you're not careful Ginge, with a big gust of wind on your super full carbon everything bike you'll float away :D
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • Hrun
    Hrun Posts: 116
    If someone was buying me something as a newbie I would be grateful for a CO2 pump as I want one but cannot work out which will do me best. :(
    A biking runner :)
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    JonGinge wrote:
    cjcp wrote:
    Carbon bottle cages from Planet X. They're fantastic. Also...

your mate will then have carbon, and he will want more. When (not if) he buys more carbon, you can start to use him as the standard against which Mrs Asprilla can measure you bike-related expenditure, so that you don't look as if you're frittering away your cash. :D
    This what you've been doing? :lol:

Perhaps I should charge for that service ;)

:D

if you're not careful Ginge, with a big gust of wind on your super full carbon everything bike you'll float away :D
    I am worried. Have held back on deep-rimmed carbon wheels for this very reason ;)
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • ...I'd like a young man's thighs.

Gosh, that looks very, very odd now I've written it :? :?
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Asprilla wrote:
    Unfortunately he's on C2W so Mrs A knows he's getting it cheap. You'll never guess which bike he's got.....

An S1? :lol:
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    cjcp wrote:
    Asprilla wrote:
    Unfortunately he's on C2W so Mrs A knows he's getting it cheap. You'll never guess which bike he's got.....

An S1? :lol:

Through C2W? I don't think they cover eBay! No, he's got a shiny Boardman Team Carbon.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Ah, right. Very nice.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • A pair of arm warmers.

or a buff.
  • :oops: Even Bill Gates hasn't enough money to buy a pair of good climbing legs, if only
  • No but Bill Gates could probably buy a young man's thighs if he wanted to.... ;-)

Depends what your budget is. If it'll stretch, get him a Giro Prolight like me. I love mine and nothing makes you feel more like a cyclist than a proper lighter-than-air bonce cap...!!
  • :oops: Gentlemen!! please remember our readers modesty & spare their blushes, granny would NOT approve.
  • gbsahne001
    gbsahne001 Posts: 1,973
    "road morph" pump; portable track pump!
  • dannc
    dannc Posts: 15
    Arm warmers and a tub of chamois cream and if there is any room left in the budget, a gillet.
    ooops thats three.........ah well never mind!!
  • Well... the way I see it you want something nice, 'cause it's a gift, and it also ought to be something that's fun to use and that you get a decent amount of use out of. I probably wouldn't be that excited to receive tools as a gift, a gift should be something you wouldn't buy yourself.

Depending on budget, a sportwool jersey? I'd never go back now for proper rides... there is a great company that makes them for less than Rapha... what are they called again? ;)

Or a bit lower down the scale, hmmm, not Mr Cruds, as then he'd feel obliged to fit them, whether he liked them or not. A cap'n'buff? Rapha winter hat?

Or, of course socks! Proper cycling socks are wonderful, a very kind bikeradarererer bought me some as a gift last xmas, they're orange like my bike, and I love them! I'm only a recent convert to proper cycling socks, but am beginning to see why people spend more on them...
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,411
    I probably wouldn't be that excited to receive tools as a gift, a gift should be something you wouldn't buy yourself.

Oh. Just me then?
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • Canny Jock
    Canny Jock Posts: 1,051
    Whisky.

And maybe a nice flask to put it in.
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    Canny Jock wrote:
    Whisky.

And maybe a nice flask to put it in.
    Comme ci?