Hardtail or Full Sus Please explain

2»

Comments

• Yeah, some people enjoy being raped by tigers, whereas the sensible choice is by a lion, surely.

Do lions have the common courtesy for give a reacharound?
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Yeah, some people enjoy being raped by tigers, whereas the sensible choice is by a lion, surely.

Do lions have the common courtesy for give a reacharound?
    Dunno, but here's a Liger getting a reacharound
    liger.jpg

Coed y Brenin, with it's rough, rocky trails is definitely more fun with a full suss bike, since you can hammer it down the trails.
    It is definitely rideable with a hardtail as well though. I used to have loads of fun riding a rigid bike with cantis round there, but it was slower. Far, far slower :wink:
  • stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    I have a dodgy right knee and a bad back and I stuck with a HT for too long because I believed the hippy bullshit about "proper mountain biking". It was getting to the point where I couldnt ride for more than 2 hours and the last hour would be a misery of back and knee pain. Got myself a bouncer and suddenly I was back doing long off road rides. Went out early this morning and did 2 hours of riding on rocky trails and I feel fresh as a daisy and I could go out and do another 2 hours.

If your young and fit I dont think it will make any difference which bike you buy but if your starting to creak a bit in the morning then in my opinion FS is the way to go you will be able to ride further and not end up walking like an arthritic crab the next day.
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    ps still got a HT but its mostly used for road and cycle path riding plus short sharp blasts round the local woods. Did a ride in the Lakes over the Nan Bield pass a few months back on it and I felt like I had been run over the next day.
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • bunyip
    bunyip Posts: 52
    +1 for FS if your wanting a bit of fun the FS is a lot easier to ride