Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • Clever Pun wrote:
    whatever you choose, you'll spend ages burning cd's to mp3's

ipod vs iphone

ipod doesn't cost 40pcm

Nor does an iPhone. £15 pm on o2 Simplicity.
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • cjcp wrote:
    cee wrote:
    cjcp wrote:

@cee - the Sony looks good. Where do you drag and drop from? Your PC? :oops:

yip....plug it into a usb port....it appears in your "My Computer" window. Open it....open the folder called "Music", then just drag any mp3's from your computer into that folder.

Once you disconnect the device...it takes a minute or three to look at what is on it...and then you are away.

Got it. Cheers. :) There is no "spanner" emoticon, is there?

@Greg - have been thinking about that, but I can't get used to that dragging/expanding/turning the screen thing that using an iPhone involves. As you can imagine, I have the p!ss taken out of me by my colleagues at work.

<stares slightly slack jawed at screen>

Well, in your defence, the iPhone can't receive those new fangled telex things...

(unless there's an app for that)
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Greg66 wrote:
    cjcp wrote:
    cee wrote:
    cjcp wrote:

@cee - the Sony looks good. Where do you drag and drop from? Your PC? :oops:

yip....plug it into a usb port....it appears in your "My Computer" window. Open it....open the folder called "Music", then just drag any mp3's from your computer into that folder.

Once you disconnect the device...it takes a minute or three to look at what is on it...and then you are away.

Got it. Cheers. :) There is no "spanner" emoticon, is there?

@Greg - have been thinking about that, but I can't get used to that dragging/expanding/turning the screen thing that using an iPhone involves. As you can imagine, I have the p!ss taken out of me by my colleagues at work.

<stares slightly slack jawed at screen>

Well, in your defence, the iPhone can't receive those new fangled telex things...

(unless there's an app for that)

:lol:

I like the Sony, but need a new 'phone, too. Will see what Mrs CJ let's me have.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    Serious DDD moment

If you're not too confident with computers then don't go for some overly complex solution born out of user preference like using win amp with the iPod... Or try and find a specific generation of iPod when you didn't realise these things came in generations.

Just go to Currys Digital, get a Ipod Nano (latest to not complicate things) Put the USB lead in the computer and hook the iPod to it. Load and install iTunes follow the instructions/tutorial. Or sit the/a kid in front of the computer and ask them to load all your music on it. Kids always know how to use things like this even if they haven't used it before...

If both don't work take it back to Currys to shout/take your frustrations out at them. Which is why you didn't buy it from the Internet.

The battery life is fine on a Nano.
    Get the size that matches the amount you want to spend.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • PBo
    PBo Posts: 2,493
    I have a fair bit of video on it - all of Smack The Pony for example -

This totally invalidates your entire contribution to t'interweb!

I mean, how can we trust your judgement now???
  • PBo wrote:
    I have a fair bit of video on it - all of Smack The Pony for example -

This totally invalidates your entire contribution to t'interweb!

I mean, how can we trust your judgement now???

:lol::lol:

It's funny in places!
  • Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    Got sent this joke earlier in teh wek. Made me giggle:

"Got my son an iPhone for his birthday the other week and recently got my daughter an iPod for hers .

I was dead chuffed when the family clubbed together and bought me an iPad for Father's day.

Got my wife an iRon for her birthday.

It was around then the fight started......"
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • mkirby
    mkirby Posts: 365
    I have had an ipod since the mini came out (it still works) The last gen nano went bang unfortunately but the new one is great. They are bullet proof mine only broke cause i use it for about 3 hours every day and sling them about a lot.

If your using them on the turbo you might want to put it in a bag and you may need longer headphones, i find the apple ones a tad short when hunched on a bike with the ipod in the back pocket.

I dont see the point of the ipod touch over a nono unless you want to play games and use it as a wifi only phone. Nano is much cheeper per GB of storage then the touch.

Plenty of free apps out there to manage your music collection and get it on your ipod. I just use itunes myself.
  • I have a 2 year old iPod Touch and its still going strong,
    Giant Escape M1....
    Penny Farthing
    Unicycle
    The bike the Goodies rode
    Pogo Stick
    Donkey on Roller skates.......OK I'm lying, but I am down to one bike right now and I feel bad about it,