the real life eurotrip!? Your thoughts..

phoenixliston
phoenixliston Posts: 112
edited August 2010 in MTB general
Hey all!

So me and 2 mates (+ 1x camper van!) are trying to plan out a whistlestop tour of the coolest European bike parks and riding locations. Make a bit of a road trip of it!

We have been thinking Barcelona 100%, maybe italy too?

Germany just got factored in after seeing this write up of a REALLY fun looking German bike park, called Winterberg http://www.imbikemag.com/issue7/?page=059 few pages of pics etc - question, has anyone been to this one or know someone who has, as Germany is a bit out the way compared to the other destination BUT if its worth it, we'll make it happen!

Can anyone recommend some MUST visit locations? Eastern europe maybe?

Thanks!! :D

Comments

• my mate just emailed me this birds eye view of the german track..nice! stoked to go now..

dein-revier.jpg
  • paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
    There was a write up of some bike parks in Sweden (Are & others) in one of the bike mags recently (Dirt I think). Chatel/Avoriaz in French Alps obviously, Val D'Isere/Tignes supposed to be improving. Leogang?
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • mikee1979
    mikee1979 Posts: 151
    Can't offer any advice I'm afraid but would love to know how much it all costs you as it sounds like it would be a great holiday. Something I would love to do.
  • Hi Paul,

Good shoud on Sweden, always fancied going there! Have you ever been? Alps could be pretty cool too..

Mike, when/if we get it all sorted i'll let you know what it came to :)
  • paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
    Never been to Sweden - as I say I just read an article on a few places - I know the riding is supposed to be good but living pricey. I have been to the Alps (going in 3 days again!) and spent a season in LesGets - riding is good although I understand lots of ski resorts have summer stuff now inc Les Arcs, Val Disere, Les Deux Alps and others so plenty to chose from - in fact staying in the Alps would give you a pretty amazing trip if you just hit a bunch of French resorts or split your time int o Austria and France and maybe Germany or even Switzerland.

Factor in tolls if you want to travel fast as well as fuel. Lift tickets by the odd day or two can become costly too.
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • Thanks for the tips dude! yeah we got another guy for the trip now so germany is definately in! another way to split fuel etc etc makes it affordable and that park looks too good to ignore really.. :)