Clothing rules

love2ride
love2ride Posts: 224
edited August 2010 in Amateur race
Hey Guys
I was wandering about the rules for clothing. I've always worn club kit in british cycling and ctt events. But I have bought a pair of Cervelo test team castelli aero shoe covers. Will I be able to use these in british cycling and ctt events? I know you are meant to wear your club kit, but I think I remember reading somewhere that it doesn't apply to socks, gloves and overshoes? Can anyone clear this for me?
Cheers

Comments

• Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,479
    Can't imagine it being applied to shoe covers except maybe at a Nationals. Just turn them inside out if anyone does comment :wink:
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    For Cat 4 racing you can wear anything you want.

CTT won't allow you to race in 'trade team' kit unless you are a member of the team - however you can get away with shoe covers.

Plus you could always argue that Cervelo is a manufacturer and not a trade team - and you bought the shoe covers on that basis!
  • batch78
    batch78 Posts: 1,320
    Have raced an open with a Caisse d'Epargne cap under my helmet, no problems, if your entering a National or likely to place top 10 at an open with any pedigree, don't wear anything but club kit or plain colours.

Rules are to be bent but only to a certain degree in my opinion.

As Pokerface says though, surely they're a manufacturer!
  • sub55
    sub55 Posts: 1,025
    strickly speaking against the rules in ctt events. but nobody will bat an eyelid unless your right up there in the nationals. that said , if you ever upset anyone , they could quite easily report you. for which you will probably get a slap on the wrist.

surprisingly , in bc events the wearing of any over shoes is against the rules , thay full foul of the rules surrounding aerodinamic aids and the commisaire could theroetically DQ you.
    constantly reavalueating the situation and altering the perceived parameters accordingly