Cycling Targets

Wallace1492
Wallace1492 Posts: 3,707
edited August 2010 in Commuting chat
Today I achieved another target - did the commute in less that 25 minutes. Seem to be on target for achieveing most, if not all of my cycling related targets for the year:

Do a sportive - done 2
Commute all week in under 5 hours - did 4hrs 58m
Way in under 25 - did 24.31
Do a ton - done it.
Multi day touring - done it 4 times so far this year

Still to do:

Target for year - 6,000 miles, on track.
Do over 1,000 in 1 month - could do it this month - but need to pull the finger out.
Do MTB Trail Leader Course - booked on it for next month.

Not looking forward to next year, when I will have to up the targets!!
"Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"

Comments

• Oddjob62
    Oddjob62 Posts: 1,056
    Main one for me this year was DD on fixed, which has been done :D
    As yet unnamed (Dolan Seta)
    Joelle (Focus Expert SRAM)
  • "Start commuting to work by bike"

Done!

Also, damn good work on all of yours.
    FCN - 10
    Cannondale Bad Boy Solo with baggies.
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    Join a club
    Do the 2011 Dragon Ride
    Improve my cycle times in triathlons
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    Ride 3 laps of Richmond Park in under 50 minutes
    Ride up Box Hill in under 6 minutes

Haven't got close to either, in fact I haven't really even had chance to try - been a busy old year. Still, a couple of months of good riding left.

Next year's will be:

Do a decent season of racing.
    Win a time trial.
    Ride the Etape / Marmotte.
    Plus the above two assuming I don't manage it this year.
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    Sub-8hr Marmotte. Wanted to do that this year but failed.
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Mine generally evolve as I go along - originally it was 4000 miles for the year; now it is 10,000 for the year. Otherwise just do as much stuff as I can - a few sportives, a few 100 milers, visit friends in Lincoln cycling there and back etc.

Main specific thing still to do is Rosedale Chimney Bank.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • stuaff
    stuaff Posts: 1,736
    My main target for this year starts next Thursday..London to Paris. Apart from that, I decided to aim for 5k this year. Despite the prang & losing 10 days and 200-odd miles, I'm still on target for that, 3.6 or thereabouts so far. Might well hit 5 by the end of September. So thinking 6 is doable now, but I'll see how it goes. Apart from that, done two sportives, my longest ride ever (131 miles, Loughborough to Waterloo) plus two other 100+ mile days (would have been three but for the prang) so far, with a few more to come (including a DD rerun with a few guys from CycleChat in October).
    Dahon Speed Pro TT; Trek Portland
    Viner Magnifica '08 ; Condor Squadra
    LeJOG in aid of the Royal British Legion. Please sponsor me at http://www.bmycharity.com/stuaffleck2011
  • ketsbaia
    ketsbaia Posts: 1,718
    JonGinge wrote:

You going for it next year?

I'm wondering whether to go for a sub nine hour one, but am still undecided.

My target this year was to get round the Marmotte in one piece, which I did.

Not sure what to go for next year, but the year after that is the Raid Pyrenéen.
  • mrc1
    mrc1 Posts: 852
    4 man RAAM 2011

8)
    http://www.ledomestiquetours.co.uk

Le Domestique Tours - Bespoke cycling experiences with unrivalled supported riding, knowledge and expertise.

Ciocc Extro - FCN 1
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Sub-8 hr Marmotte
    Les Cingles
    Sub-1 hr for Alpe D'Huez (missed it by 19 secs this year. Grrr)
    Sub-54 min for 3 laps of RP
    Sub-6:15 for Box Hill

When I'll get the chance to do this, I've no idea.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    ketsbaia wrote:
    JonGinge wrote:

Not sure what to go for next year, but the year after that is the Raid Pyrenéen.
    I think so if all goes to plan.

This year I was disappoined after the event: my performance didn't meet my expectations.

Still, some lessons learned for next year:
    My training was inadequate due to work and, frankly, to complacency. I hope to carry the fitness gained over this winter to build a good base. The training will be more sructured this time. It helps that we've just taken on a couple of new guys at work so, hopefully, the load on my shoulders won't be quite so insane

I used a tri-bag thing on the top-tube. Did. Not. Like. My knees kept brushing it when out of the saddle. More gels/bars will get stuffed into pockets. I had space this year.

I'm going to buffer with electrolytes/tonic water the few days before the event. Probably had too many beers in the lead up ;) Hopefully better training and better nutrition will keep the cramps at bay.

As CJ says Cingles is tempting as is Maratona dles Dolomites...
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    JonGinge wrote:
    ketsbaia wrote:
    JonGinge wrote:

I think so if all goes to plan.

This year I was disappoined after the event: my performance didn't meet my expectations.

Still, some lessons learned for next year:
    My training was inadequate due to work and, frankly, to complacency. I hope to carry the fitness gained over this winter to build a good base. The training will be more sructured this time. It helps that we've just taken on a couple of new guys at work so, hopefully, the load on my shoulders won't be quite so insane

I used a tri-bag thing on the top-tube. Did. Not. Like. My knees kept brushing it when out of the saddle. More gels/bars will get stuffed into pockets. I had space this year.

I'm going to buffer with electrolytes/tonic water the few days before the event. Probably had too many beers in the lead up ;) Hopefully better training and better nutrition will keep the cramps at bay.

As CJ says Cingles is tempting as is Maratona dles Dolomites...

+1, although I probably had about as good a day on the bike as I could have had and still got dropped on ADH :lol: .

Going to crucify myself on the turbo over the autumn and winter and actually get some long rides in.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • W1
    W1 Posts: 2,636
    Mine seems rather pathetic - 3,500 commuting miles. Should be do-able, at 2,300 so far.

Also, spend less on the bike!
  • ketsbaia
    ketsbaia Posts: 1,718
    Les Cingles does look tempting.

*ponders*

My Marmotte was all about getting round, so I wasn't really disappointed. But I lingered too long at the stops (as I usually do), so I know I could cut at least an hour off my time by being quicker in the feedstops. Bad batch of the Brad's at the foot of the Telegraphe and again at Plan Lachat didn't help either. I'd take more energy gels as well, 'cos I only had six for the entire circuit, which wasn't enough.

And more training. Definitely more training.

We'll see.

Les Cingles is the most likely.
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    My target is to get my 8.3 mile "commute" to under 30 minutes (quickest so far is 34). Whether that will be this year or next is anyone's guess.

MTB goal, get up the bloody big hill without stopping. Need to majorly improve my CV fitness before that happens though:(