Anyone doing Cat 4 races before the end of this year?

Stuntman
Stuntman Posts: 267
edited August 2010 in Amateur race
Hi Cyclists

Is anyone looking to do Cat 4 races before the year is out? I am in Reading and after something local ish.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

cheers
Specialized Epic
Specialized Enduro
Specialzied Transition

Comments

• ratsbeyfus
    ratsbeyfus Posts: 2,841
    Do a search for 'Surry League' - I think they have a few cat 4 races at goodwood before the end of the season.

I had one of them red bikes but I don't any more. Sad face.

@ratsbey
  • Stuntman
    Cheers Ratsbeyfus,

a couple of questions - if it says it an E1/2/3/4 - that means all in the same race, right?
    and it doesn't state the distance of the race? How do they annoynce a Prime laps?

Sorry, a bit of a newbie.
    Specialized Epic
    Specialized Enduro
    Specialzied Transition
  • bobbyp
    bobbyp Posts: 275
    From Reading Hillingdon is probably the most easiest. Not sure how much of the summer series is left but later in the year every saturday sees the Winter Series. There was also a series running down at Eelmore (Farnborough).
  • Dess1e
    Dess1e Posts: 239
    bobbyp wrote:
    From Reading Hillingdon is probably the most easiest. Not sure how much of the summer series is left but later in the year every saturday sees the Winter Series. There was also a series running down at Eelmore (Farnborough).

The Hillingdon Tuesday series finished last night (I finished slightly earlier than the rest thanks to an uncontrolled dog). However they now switch to Saturday afternoons for the next 4 weeks. E/1/2/3 and seperate 4th cat races. THey are on the BC site and the Hillingdon Cycle Circuit site. Also there is a 2/3/4 event on the circuit on Bank Holiday Monday at 3-00 promoted by my club.
  • Bronzie
    Bronzie Posts: 4,927
    Stuntman wrote:
    a couple of questions - if it says it an E1/2/3/4 - that means all in the same race, right?
    Yes - probably run as a handicap with the lower category riders given a head start
    Stuntman wrote:
    and it doesn't state the distance of the race? How do they annoynce a Prime laps?
    Probably 1hr + 5 laps or similar.
    Primes are usually announced with a whistle or hooter when you cross the finish line on the proceeding lap, but the commissaire should explain the details before the race starts.
  • Stuntman
    Cheers for the advice and info guys, I'll try and get my a$$ to Hillingdon in September. I'm doing a 12 hour enduro race on the bank holiday weekend so won't be able to move on the Monday after I assume.

Also, glad to know the Surrey League race is a handicap one and an hour and 5 laps sounds reasonable.
    Specialized Epic
    Specialized Enduro
    Specialzied Transition
  • Robstar24
    Robstar24 Posts: 173
    Dess1e wrote:
    bobbyp wrote:

The Hillingdon Tuesday series finished last night (I finished slightly earlier than the rest thanks to an uncontrolled dog). However they now switch to Saturday afternoons for the next 4 weeks. E/1/2/3 and seperate 4th cat races. THey are on the BC site and the Hillingdon Cycle Circuit site. Also there is a 2/3/4 event on the circuit on Bank Holiday Monday at 3-00 promoted by my club.

that dog was a bloody nuisance, had seen it barking like mad a couple of laps before, why do people bring their dogs to things where there will be constant provocation for them (ie cyclists whizzing past).
  • Dess1e
    Dess1e Posts: 239
    Without trying to hijack the thread Rob.

Yes I'd noticed the dog barking away, didn't hlep that the owner was half cut. There was no way I could avoid it whe she ran into the bunch. Cost me a lot of skin, but it's not the dog's fault, just the moron of an owner.

Note for the guys wanting to try racing at Hillingdon or elsewhere, this type of incident is thankfully extremely rare.
  • Dess1e wrote:
    Note for the guys wanting to try racing at Hillingdon or elsewhere, this type of incident is thankfully extremely rare.

I remember recently (well...June actually) having to take evasive action as there was a family of four casually sauntering across the track by the s-bends!
  • Robstar24
    Robstar24 Posts: 173
    dess1e, is the kenton race a usual 'turn up and sign up' one, like the tuesday night ones? can't find details on hillingdon or BC website