Roadrat riders

georgee
georgee Posts: 537
edited August 2010 in Commuting chat
Having commuted on mine for about 4 months and see noone else on one I finally pass two in one commute!

The later one I said 'nice bike' to, the other one was going so pathetically slow I never had a chance. Man up, shave that stupid beard and have some pride in riding that bike.

Cracking commute appart from people too rude to take a turn and some fckwit jumping the lights into our path on Putney Bridge.

Comments

• MonkeyMonster
    MonkeyMonster Posts: 4,629
    what size of frame you riding buddy?
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • georgee
    Large, drop bar, 110 stem 10 degree downwards with no spacers.

On reflection I could have done with a lower handle bar but a more angled stem would look odd and I didn't need a seat post with layback as i'm running the saddle quite far forwards.
  • MonkeyMonster
    nod, I want to get a med long but would like to try the frame for size first...
  • georgee
    Happy for you try the frame size, it is a short frame remember... I've built it fixed by the way.

The commute is kingston/putney/fulham/chelsea/oxford circus.

let me know if this crosses yours in any way.
  • nich
    nich Posts: 888
    I err, just brought one the other day :twisted:

It'll be with me on Monday. Mine will be large, drop bar, ss with discs. I can't wait, im so darn excited!
  • georgee
    This is just getting weird, I saw two more this morning, a guy with the misfortune to be wearing a LD top, I was confused as also he wasn't jumping the lights. Then I just saw a brown one (rare) on oxford street, where are they coming from?
  • nich
    nich Posts: 888
    4919381733_9699665b89.jpg

It's here! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Working from home today to take delivery of it and it came just before 'lunch'.

Never so fast have I attached some pedals. Whipped out the allen key and tightened up a few bolts, chucked keys in pockets and ran out the door with it :D

First impressions.

Wow, this thing is smooth! Weighs about the same as my 06 Allez, which I'm happy with, but boy I love the feel of steel. It reminded me of my old on-one inbred, just the way it was soaking up the bumps.

The discs need bedding in, but there's some steepish hills around here that I'll do that on.

Literally one min into my lunchtime play it started to pour down. F-it! :) I carried on, got soaked, but it was a joy.

Got home, rubbed it down with a cloth and that was that. We're gonna get on just fine 8)
  • MonkeyMonster
    Curse you people! Stop taunting me with tales of lovely road rats!
  • davis
    davis Posts: 2,506
    If it's any help MM, my first ride on my Roadrat had me grinning like a loon...

I think you need one in your life...
    Sometimes parts break. Sometimes you crash. Sometimes it’s your fault.
  • MonkeyMonster
    you sir...

*shakes fist*
  • mkirby
    mkirby Posts: 365
    ooo me likey.

is it fixed wheel? can i get a rack on it?

If so i just found my shopping bike.
  • georgee
    Yes, it has rear rack mounts but not front.

As for the smooth comments, I ride/race quite a stiff Alu Willier but the RR still transfers power efficiently despite being a bit smoothiner/flexier.

I must get some pics on the cummuter bikes section.