Will this look good? or be frowned upon?

ExTrEmE BiKeR
ExTrEmE BiKeR Posts: 149
edited August 2010 in MTB general
I need some new decals for my domain and while looking on ebay, came across some nice totem decals.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Decals-Kits-TOTEM-Ro ... ltDomain_0

I've always wanted a totem and thought it would be cool to make my fork look like one but without spending the money it costs to actually buy a totem. i think the black decals on a white fork would look REALLY nice. I'm not trying to impress anybody or make people think I have a totem, I just think that totem decals are the nicest decals you can get on a fork and look alot better than domain decals. So the question is, will i get laughed at in the lift line for doing this? is this something that will make people sigh and think "geez what an idiot"? i just think it would look so sick.

like this but with silver stanchions

http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/category/ ... r-09-34188

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Hmm, since it doesn't actually say "TOTEM" anywhere on the decals, I reckon it would go un-noticed. Your call really.

I've seen a lot of funky looking forks, like fox 40s, and Marzocchi 888s in all manner of weird and wonderful colours, and thought they looked pretty cool, so a bit of customisation is fine.

If it said "TOTEM" on them anywhere though, you would look like a prize cokc.
  • .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    Personally I only look at the stanchions on other bikes. If they're steel - ha - I walk on by :)
  • P-Jay
    P-Jay Posts: 1,478
    I say rock out with your cock out.

I'm planning to refresh my bike in a month or so, tempted to have my 36's painted black and fit some of these...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Fox-36-FLOAT-Worl ... keparts_SR
  • shoddy
    shoddy Posts: 63
    If you like it then do it. I wouldnt worry about what other people think. Its your bike not theirs.
  • Anonymous
    shoddy wrote:
    If you like it then do it. I wouldnt worry about what other people think. Its your bike not theirs.
    THIS.
    But, don't you agree that if the decals says TOTEM, it would be the naffest thing sing the naff truck crashed into the naff souvenir factory in a naff way?
  • Beardface
    Beardface Posts: 5,495
    Years ago, I did that.. stuck a set of Fox stickers on some 'zocchis (was young, at school and couldn't afford foxes!!)

It looked ghey.

Agree with Yeehaa though, as it doesn't say totem anywhere, it should look fine :)
  • Anonymous
    itll loook webbo and anyone who sees them wll think you are trying to make a set of totems.

i would deffo laugh at you, real hard
  • jairaj
    jairaj Posts: 3,009
    I think you run the risk of people thinking you're trying to fake a set of Totems which would be bad.

You can usually get decals in any colour you want, why not just get the normal set in black? That way you can have the black on white look and no one will think you're being a webbo
  • *AL*
    *AL* Posts: 1,185
    I've always wanted a totem and thought it would be cool to make my fork look like one but without spending the money it costs to actually buy a totem.

Cool ?

No.
  • chedabob
    chedabob Posts: 1,133
    Glad this thread was made because I was gonna put some Boxxer decals on an Epicon :lol:
  • biff55
    biff55 Posts: 1,404
    ferrari graphics on suntour xct ok ? :)

seriously tho , your bike , your money , your life , do it.